Re: 2nd Phone with echo problem
gnoack

I'm having a terrible time with the Echo.  A few people have even asked me to hang up and call back.   I will try turning down the volume as was suggested.  Hope it helps.  

However, I will not be keeping the DROID if it isn't fixed before the 30 day return date.  I love the Droid and apps, but after all, it's main job for me is as a phone, and if it doesn't work, I'm not going to keep it. 

0 Likes
Michaelferrell6

I am not really encountering an echo problem, as of yet, but i have heard i have bad quality and its a simple remidy of just placing the phone closer to my speaking hole... but i do hear alot of weird noise on my end like clicking and popping... also does anyone else get anoyed with the fact you have to press the hang up button on the screen after a call or to hang up before a misplaced call goes through

0 Likes
Young

i'm having same problem. but this helped me bit.

voice quality is much better after turning off  and back on the the speaker while in use.

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the echo too until i turned off hearing aid and privacy.  Calls are nice and clear now.

0 Likes
james88

Same problem with echo reset with *228 turn off hearing aid compatibility no ech today will let u know

0 Likes
Droid with echo problem
Kristina

I just bought my Droid last week.  I haven't had many phone calls, but I'm having the echo problems too.  Extremely frustrating!  I turned off Voice Privacy and Hearing Aids and reset my phone as suggested in previous posts.  I'm hoping this solves the problem because a phone that doesn't receive clear phone calls is not going to do me any good.

0 Likes
Re: Droid with echo problem
crazydave

I have read on other sites that an update is coming out by Dec 11 to fix the problem.  I also read that you can power off the phone and it sometimes corrects the problem.  Finally, you can reprogram the phone by dialing *228 and selecting 1 the first time  then repeat the procedure and select 2.  Not sure why more help is not provided by Verizon.  Must be a PR issue.

0 Likes