i have a galaxys3, and sometimes when i try to make a call, it tells me i'm out of $$ (i am not), and then, tells me to reenter the 10 digit
gearjammer379
Enthusiast - Level 1

about had my fill of verizon 4g prepaid already, not even a month now.  i guess i'm always roaming.  sometimes when i make a call it tells me to reenter the 10 digit # i'm trying to call, even tho it's right there in my contacts.  when i reentered the #, it says i don't have $$$ ( i do have $$), and takes me to billing, but i can't call someone, but i can get to billing??? WTF? is wrong with this??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i have a galaxys3, and sometimes when i try to make a call, it tells me i'm out of $$ (i am not), and then, tells me to reenter the 10 digit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gearjammer379

Let's get your phone back in business.  Having cell phone service is very important to stay in touch with every one. I apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  You do need to reach out to our pre pay departement at 1-888-294-6804 for assistance.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i have a galaxys3, and sometimes when i try to make a call, it tells me i'm out of $$ (i am not), and then, tells me to reenter the 10 digit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gearjammer379

Let's get your phone back in business.  Having cell phone service is very important to stay in touch with every one. I apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  You do need to reach out to our pre pay departement at 1-888-294-6804 for assistance.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BBThompson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue and have called customer service no less than 5 times, husband has called once.  Every time I get a new answer.  We've been told go buy new sim card from walmart (for $50???!!! Not going to happen for this brand new phone I just bought a week ago from Best Buy) or get one from my local verizon store (which, by the way, won't or doesn't do a THINK with prepaid cell phones).  Been told our phone is no good and to return it.  Been told we don't get coverage here.  (Have been able to successfully make 2 calls and receive 1 so that can't be the case.)  Twice we have thought the issue was resolved, only to find that when we hung up with the customer service rep, it was right back to where it was before.......we ported a number in from another prepaid carrier, which may be the issue as the phone worked before this.  But, Geez, Verizon, I've had the phone activated for 1 week and have gotten to use it so little.  By the way, texting and 4g LTE work perfectly!  And Verizon, getting through to a human on that menu of yours?  Hmm.....

0 Likes
BBThompson
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the record,  I am using the Motorola Luge.  If you get your problem cleared up, will you post here what worked to make your phone service work?  I know we have coverage here.  Two other people come over here and Verizon works fine for them.

0 Likes
valquiria
Contributor - Level 1

First try to dial *228 op 2 to remove the roaming.

But if you got a SIM go to a VZ store and request a new one (should be free)

Call 888-294-6804 to find out was really going on.