Re: I need help.  My calls are going straight to voicemail instead of ringing through.  I need my kids to be able to reach me and not just get vm.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  I tried a reboot but it still continues to happen.
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

What did you figure out? I just got my Iphone 6+ yesterday afternoon and when I tried calling my friend it went to voice mail directly every time.  he said the same thing but finally he did call me one time and it range through and I picked it up.  Suggestions?  I cannot have this happen either

0 Likes
Re: I need help.  My calls are going straight to voicemail instead of ringing through.  I need my kids to be able to reach me and not just get vm.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  I tried a reboot but it still continues to happen.
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I am shocked to see multiple users who are having an issue with calls going straight to voicemail.

Do you happen to have Voice over LTE enabled?

Go toSettings>Cellular>Enable LTE is set to voice and data. If it was not enabled please wait about 60 seconds and retest to determine if there is still an issue. If it persists, power the phone off. Power it back on and then attempt a test call to the phone again.

Please let me know what happens.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

My phone says "Cannot activate LTE calls.  To enable LTE cvalls on this account, contact Verizon". 

0 Likes
Re: I need help. My calls are going straight to voicemail instead of ringing through. I need my kids to be able to reach me and not just get vm. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I tried a reboot but it still continues to happen.
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

Let's get to the bottom of this! What zip code are you located in? Was the device just recently activated?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

If you're asking me, yes, my phone was recently activated. This is central Colorado.  I cross zip codes all the time.

0 Likes
Re: I need help. My calls are going straight to voicemail instead of ringing through. I need my kids to be able to reach me and not just get vm. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I tried a reboot but it still continues to happen.
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

question:  does this happen because of bad weather?  Calls to me were going through for several days and then today I got a txt from a friend saying she had called me several times just then and it went straight to voicemail.  The phone is right here on my desk and it did show one missed call but not the others.  And the txt went through.  Is this a bad weather issue?  I thought those were a thing of the past?  Zip code:  80104.  Iphone 6+

0 Likes