Galaxy S3 doesn't connect to computer after KitKat update
meandvlboy

I am trying to connect my S3 to my computer but it doesn't connect.  Does anybody know how to get it working again?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 doesn't connect to computer after KitKat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived, meandvlboy!  Do you get any error messages when attempting to connect to your computer?  Before you plug the phone into the computer please go to Settings>Developer Options>Debugging Mode. Please make sure that is checked.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
meandvlboy

I don't get any errors when I connect my phone the the computer.  I don't get any notifications on my PC or phone.  Debugging mode is on.  I've used my phone for development before and now I can't.  This is a big issue to me I'm a developer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to follow up, meandvlboy. Is the device rooted? Are you looking to transfer media to the device? Check out instructions for the Media Transfer Protocol ( MTP ) tool here; http://vz.to/1qYWpPv

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
meandvlboy

My device it is not rooted.  So these are the instructions. 

Enable MTP

1. Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
    1. If necessary, select and hold the status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom.
    2. Select Connected as a media device.
    3. Select Media device (MTP).
      Note Selected when a check mark is present.

Disable MTP

1. Ensure the device is disconnected from the computer or switch USB connection modes.
    1. To switch modes, select and hold the status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom.
    2. Select Connected as a media device.
    3. Select Camera (PTP).
      Note Selected when a check mark is present.

The problem is that the icon for connected as a media device does not show up. I did not have this issue before the over the air update from Verizon to 4.4.

0 Likes
MojoJoe

If the phone is rooted, is that why this issue persists?

0 Likes