Lollipop on Droid Turbo
Rick1024
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Verizon release the Lollipop update for the Droid Turbo? Great phone, crappy software. Don't give me the excuse lollipop is full of bugs, I had it for months on my Nexus 4 with no issues. It is light years ahead of Kit Kat. The turbo is suppose to be a flagship phone for Verizon, if they can't upgrade it, maybe they can't upgrade anything. Get off your backsides and just release the update. I switched back to Verizon recently and now I'm second guessing that decision if it takes them this long to release updates. They promised me the world so we signed up, now they are just like I remember them, slow almost nonexistent updates. If this keeps up, I will not be a Verizon customer for long...

Motorola has all ready approved the Turbo for the update, so this rest squarely in Verizon's lap, and as usual they dropped the ball.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop on Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rick1024,

I understand you wanting the latest software on your phone. No need to worry because once the update is available it will be pushed to your phone automatically. At this time I do not have a date when it will be available for your phone, but you can visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ for the latest info on software available for your device.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's issues. You just don't notice them or assume they don't affect you. You can find them all over Google Groups. It'll happen soon as there are soak testing going on right now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola has not approved the update... That's the biggest lie as I am in the soak testing group Motorola is running...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, as far as speedy updates on Vzw go, the S5 update was unexpected...and by most opinion too early, bug-filled and a failure.  HTC is updating on VZW soon as well as LG.  The S5 is proof of what happens when something isn't thoroughly checked and released to (maybe) just appease the loud crying masses.  The Turbo already has its share of problems which 5.0 could very well complicate further.

0 Likes
Rick1024
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it isn't approved, how come it is listed on Motorola's website under the approved phones for Lollipop update?

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
Rick1024
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used it for months with no problems.

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rick1024,

I understand you wanting the latest software on your phone. No need to worry because once the update is available it will be pushed to your phone automatically. At this time I do not have a date when it will be available for your phone, but you can visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ for the latest info on software available for your device.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

we'll get it in a month or 2....about the time that rumors of the next version start flying around....haha

IHATEVERIZON27
Enthusiast - Level 2

You really don't want this update I have it and wish I didn't do it.  It changes way too much for the worse.  Nothing is better unless you like annoying notifications for everything. Hate the colors that it came with in favor of ugly bright hard to read themes. Don't enjoy having it run smoothly, freeze randomly, won't allow games you paid for to work past the menu screens, random loud interface glitch sounds that peirce the ear.  If you want all those things thenables go for it but I promise you will regret it within an hour.  Avoid it at all costs if it is at all possible trust me it made my 1 month old S5 run like my 4yr old Incredible 4G LTE after 2 years of abuse.  It hardly can load a text and yet it runs as well as this "flagship" does or better.  Beware

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

You will get it soon enough. But I would not push to get it too quick. Just because one of your devices does not have bugs with it does not mean your phone will not. As bugs have been all in the S5s.