Why do I have to have all this CRAP on my phone???????
Mimin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have all these totally useless apps on my Phone, what the hell is Flipboard?, I dont want it, I dont want music or video's or players or browsers, I JUST NEED A PHONE!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do I have to have all this CRAP on my phone???????
deb2too
Contributor - Level 3

If you do a search on flipboard  (no spaces ) there's an older message posted November 2014.  Tells how to get rid of flipboard and other useful information

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you may be happier with something like a Jitterbug.

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The apps are put there by the Carrier as they get paid for each app on the phone when they send it out the door.  So Flipboard will pay Verizon a flat rate to put the app on your phone and then a different flat rate if you actually use it.  They say it offsets the cost of subsidizing the phone so they do not need to charge you 700 for the smart phone.  You can disable them and then not need to see them but you cannot remove them

Snn5
Legend

I always disable and then hide the app from the drawer.

deb2too
Contributor - Level 3

If you do a search on flipboard  (no spaces ) there's an older message posted November 2014.  Tells how to get rid of flipboard and other useful information

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you're within the 14 day return window, just return it and get a basic phone. not only will the phone be cheaper, but so will your monthly bill.

0 Likes
saulmunoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

all those app comes from the manufacter not from vzw

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Actually my info was correct as the Poster is asking about multiple apps that are part of the OS and not Manufacturers apps.  Flipboard was one he pointed out.  There are tons of apps on the phone that they will need to disable as they cannot be removed.

edjahman
Enthusiast - Level 1

<< Comments removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
Mimin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the all useful answers by people who might help.

I have a smartphone because there are APs I use, but there is a ton of stuff on the phone that is absolutely useless to me, and some of the apps open by themselves!  Like Flipboard, every time I swipe right, the app opens up.  Everytime I put the phone to my actual ear to use it like a "phone", every app on the phone will open itself, one at a time.  First the clock, then the weather, then the timer, then the alarm, then whatever until the os freezes and my call drops....I have a Note 3.  I am frustrated.  Works fine if I only use the speaker phone.

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes