I am not able to send pictures??
gharndon

The message just says message delivery failed or message recipient failed.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I am not able to send pictures??
nrjohnson92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you send normal text messages (SMS)?

Can you access the internet over cellular data (3G, 4G, 1X)?

Are you able to receive pictures (MMS)?

0 Likes
gharndon

Yes to all three questions....Is my problem in the settings?? I have not had a problem in the past.  This is new.

0 Likes
chrisl514

I had the same problem when connected to wifi. Turn off wifi when you get a text message with an attachment and it should come through. It has something to do with multimedia messages only being able to come through via data. I'm not sure I buy that because I didn't have the problem until about a month ago. So basically you have to chew up your data to send/receive pictures via text message.

Now can someone explain to me why my battery drains to zero by mid day?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this gharndon. Does this happen with all your messages or when you're in a specific location? Does it happen with all your contacts? What happens when you send a text message to yourself?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's clear the air here chrisl514, we don't want this to be a misunderstanding. Wi-fi does need to be disabled for MMS to send and receive. However, it is not deducted from your data allowance at all, even if cellular data needs to be enabled.

Regarding your battery, do you have the same phone mentioned above? Do you use the charger provided by the manufacturer? Do you charge it by plugging it into the wall?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
chrisl514

Good to know about the data usage. Thanks!

As for battery drain. Phone is Droid Razr M, I use the charger that came with the phone and I plug it into the wall most of the time. There are times during the day when I have to plug it in to my computer at work because the cord is not long enough to reach to the power strip. I noticed a huge drain when I upgraded to KitKat. The stats on my battery usage showed Android OS as the main power consumer. So I completely reformatted and scrubbed my phone. I backed up the contects but did NOT do an auto-restore. I'm adding my apps back little by little. It's time consuming but the battery seems to be lasting noticeably longer. Now my main battery consumption is the screen and OS is around 10% rather than close to 40% before I scrubbed it. Does that make sense?

0 Likes