Cannot receive text messages from AT&T customers.
johnplamb

I have been a Verizon customer for years.  I recently upgraded from a Treo 650 to a Droid.  I am unable to receive text messages sent to me by my friends with AT&T iphones.  I can text them and the message goes through, but if they send one to me it never arrives.   It is interesting that they can attach a picture and the message (now MMS, I guess) will get through to me. I do receive text messages from Verizon customers with no problem.

This has been an ongoing problem for many years, but until I had the Droid, I was not doing much texting.  I am fairly certain that it is not a problem with AT&T since these same friends can send texts to other verizon customers and they go through without delay.

I sincerely hope that someone can provide some insight and tell me how to proceed.

Wow.  I just did a spell check and the program did not recognize "droid", "iphone", "MMS", or "texting".  Ironic.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive text messages from AT&T customers.
pjc11801

My son also has the same problem.....  he can call and send texts to 3 of his AT&T friends, but they cannot call or text back - he has a ENV touch.   There are no blocks -  I spent 1 hour on the phone with verizon but got disconnected and they never called back.     BTW, those same people can respond and call my phone - a rogue. 

0 Likes
johnplamb

Thanks for the response pjc11801.  It is good to know that I am not the only one with this problem, but not so good to hear that an hour on the phone with Verizon did nothing for you.  It is very frustrating.

0 Likes
spyderpain2

I too, am having this problem. My sister has an enV and she can receive texts from at&t just fine but I cannot with a htc ozone.

0 Likes
sabriana1231

Wow. My phone is having a problem similar to this. But more like the opposite in a way as well. I can't send messages to anybody who isn't on Verizon. This started like a couple days ago. I can receive messages from non-Verizon customers, but if I reply, they never get my message. I have tried this with all the other networks. The only I can send a receive texts from is Verizon. I don't know why. Any help?

0 Likes
TimSmith

Same thing here, I have a friend on AT&T who has multiple friends including myself with Verizon who can receive texts from but can't send texts to. Would be nice if this was resolved but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Even people on the AT&T Forums complain of how they have troubles messaging with Verizon customers. I've seen it for months or maybe even a years now.  I wonder when it'll get fixed?

0 Likes
yohoonguyen

Glad that I'm not the only one who having the same problems, i sent messages to AT&T customers only a couple message get through and it very frustrating when you are having a important conversation. I thought it was my phone at first, but this is my second Droid, the first one keep freezing and shutting down for no reason on me, and I am still currently have problems with texting not getting through!!!

and P.S look like VZW is good at taking your money but nothing is getting done.

0 Likes
NaughtyMoonGirl

this is totally crap. Me and my boyfriend are sick of this crap. i have verzion and he has Cingular and only get to see each other on weekends and we love to text...... 4-5 weeks ago it just became **bleep** is wrong for texting

looks like both companys are doing this on purpose because they give u **bleep** ways fix this. Its them because this lame law suit and they are completing with each other

here the cingular forums thread big thread!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=messaging&thread.id=29890

0 Likes
oteco

johnplamb wrote:

I have been a Verizon customer for years.  I recently upgraded from a Treo 650 to a Droid.  I am unable to receive text messages sent to me by my friends with AT&T iphones.  I can text them and the message goes through, but if they send one to me it never arrives.   It is interesting that they can attach a picture and the message (now MMS, I guess) will get through to me. I do receive text messages from Verizon customers with no problem.

This has been an ongoing problem for many years, but until I had the Droid, I was not doing much texting.  I am fairly certain that it is not a problem with AT&T since these same friends can send texts to other verizon customers and they go through without delay.

I sincerely hope that someone can provide some insight and tell me how to proceed.

Wow.  I just did a spell check and the program did not recognize "droid", "iphone", "MMS", or "texting".  Ironic.

My sister had the same problem.  She found out that ATT had given out the same phone number to a prepaid phone so she couldn't receive texts from ATT users.  When ATT cleared the mistake she's never had a problem since. 

I hate that Verizon can send ATT users a text over 160 characters.  ATT to ATT appears to be unlimited.  I have a Iphone also and I receive text that are 4-500 characters long from other ATT users with no problems.  Verizon sucks with this limit.  I am constantly having people retype the last part of a text because if gets left off.  This is one reason I'll wont change to a DROID or any other Verizon cell phone product. 

0 Likes