Re: Casio Commando 4G LTE Turns Off and Lock Out Daily?
etheridge

@

To all people having trouble with the Casio Commando 4G phone. I share your concerns for I am having the same problems.After numerous conversations with tech support and trips to the Verizon store and a replacement phone that does the exact same thing, Verizon refuses to help with my problem phone.I paid alot of money for a phone that does not work and all they will offer me is another exact replacement. Their stance on this issue is that they are only brokers for the phone manufacturers and while the phone is still under the 1 year manufacturer warranty there is nothing they can do. Verizon had no problem selling me this phone and has no problem taking my money each month, so why can't they be a little more pro active in getting me a different type phone without having to change my plan or use one of my other available upgrades.I make my living doing service work and being able to receive phone calls on a regular basis is a must, with this phone you never know from one minute to the next when it's working and ultimately it affects my livelihood. It seems from all of your post we all have the same problem with the phone and also with support from Verizon. I think that maybe we all need to get together and report this problem in the social media,to the Better Business Bureau or maybe even get a law firm to start a class action lawsuit against Verizon and Casio,

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

etheridge you can a different replacement device. It will be a refurbished unit but if you go through a few replacement Commando 4G replacements but get the same results then you need to press them for a different device. Keep in mind you're not going to get a shiny new phone. I recommend you look into your options that are about the same age and price range as the Commando 4G and start asking to simply be swapped out. I would recommend a Moto X. May not be water proof but it's been a really great device for me. Remember to be polite and keep your cool when asking for a manager and asking for a different device. Do not lose your cool or they will turn on you then tell you to do a master reset again.

I have had good results with this method in the past on my HTC Thunderbolt.... Man that was rough 

0 Likes
steveclark3093
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the COMPLETELY unimpressed column. Purchased the phone as an early adopter within the first week or so of its release. While utterly disappointed by the abysmal camera quality, I was happy enough with the performance of the phone otherwise to look past this. I had owned three rugged Casio phones prior to this (Type S, Exilim C721, and the original Commando) and having no issues with any of them, I opted not to purchase the additional insurance with the expectation that the device would easily remain functional through the two-year contract period.

While the topics of technical issues were surfacing and raising red flags across the community, my device was operating correctly and was not suffering from any of these ailments at the time. Fast forward to more recent times, ironically, once the device was out of the manufacturers warranty period, and the phone began to act up with periodic lock-ups. These lock-ups began at random and were infrequent to begin with and would be solved by a hard reset for a period of time. The frequency began to increase and a hard reset no longer seemed to resolve the problem and keep it at bay. Eventually, it got to the point where lock ups were occurring by the hour and could only be resolved by removal of the battery. In due time, it then progressed to a turning the device into a utilitarian paperweight that has zero value as the device will not boot.

It is sad thatVerizon Wireless Customer Support has not stepped up to better support those of us who purchased these phones and that I have had to resort to downgrading to a device that was engineered in 2010 that offers greatly diminished functionality and the inability to take advantage of capabilities that have been standard in the market for years now. Casio has lost a long-time brand advocate and my opinion of Verizon is wilting away at the mismanagement of this device. Offering C811 owners one-time early upgrades would go a long ways to improve customer perceptions following this ordeal.

deathmedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

My second replacement phone is on its way. This makes 3 of the carp phones now. I'm not very optimistic that this one will last either.

0 Likes
AceofHearts90

You do understand that Verizon doesn't release updates and stuff like that? They provide the network, which is not the issue in this case. It's the hardware company (Casio) and the software company (Google) not getting on the same page and creating an operating system that works with the limited hardware. So if you're going to blame a company please blame the right one

0 Likes
Seanisduke

I actually did contact Casio at one time. My reply was they were saying it is a problem with Verizon.

So Verizon says its an issue with Casio, but what Verizon does not tell you is that Verizon installs its own software.

Casio blamed Verizon because of the things that they lock out and install on the phones. I kind of believe Casio here. I am unable to uninstall some of the software that came on it. I know that for sure. If Verizon has their own software installed and some things are being disabled and other Apps auto installed, then I blame VZ. I am just putting up with it for my 2 year contract. After that, I am looking some place else.

0 Likes