Re: Ever since the NG6 update my location services and google maps are useless. I have it set to high accuracy and it still never finds gps signal or keeps the blue dot where I am. It worked great until the NG6 update.
Canefanatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google maps. Yes.

On Oct 27, 2014 11:00 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Re: Ever since the NG6 update my location services and google maps are useless. I have it set to high accuracy and it still never finds gps signal or keeps the blue dot where I am. It worked great until the NG6 update.
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Please do the following steps and let us know if
this persists:

1) Please update Maps version from Play Store.

2) Settings > Location > Mode > High accuracy.3) Settings >
Location > Location reporting > Turn it ON.4) Settings > Application
manager > All > Maps > Clear data/Force stop and then reboot the
device.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RichTwin

Hi, I have exactly the same issue - every time I go to  use Google maps, within minutes my phone notifies me "GPS signal Lost".  I tried the solutions in the above post (clearing cache and data) but to no avail! please help!  using google maps to get around was one of my favorite features before the update.

Please advise.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Ever since the NG6 update my location services and google maps are useless.  I have it set to high accuracy and it still never finds gps signal or keeps the blue dot where I am.  It worked great until the NG6 update.
brad_smith

My experience is that Google Nav does not work and Strava (activity tracking tool) is late to start. I will have location services turned on, set to high accuracy, and then start my Strava tracking for cycling. It takes two miles on average for the GPS signal to find me and begin tracking my mileage. I have done a reset, cleared cache, cleared system cache, set the location services to high accuracy and restarted my device. None of this fixes the issue. This all started the day after installing NG6 which combined GPS and Location Services.

0 Likes
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

Bahaha, soft reset? That won't work. This firmware is borked and Verizon/Samsung won't admit it.

However, you may end up having to do a Master Reset via ODIN (Recovery Mode - Hold Volume Up, Home Key, and Power until a small blue text in the upper left corner of the screen reads 'Recover Mode....') Let go of the buttons and you should see a prompt with blue text, move with the volume rocker to select Wipe/Factory Reset.

That may be your only option. Good luck and back up your data (contacts, photos, music, everything else.)

0 Likes
rockhousebadboy

DOES NOT WORK!

0 Likes
BAS071509
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here.  Exactly the same.  Also, before NG6 my various apps used to be able to guess my location pretty well via Wi-Fi and network only without turning the GPS on - for example, my weather app would "follow" me within a reasonable degree of accuracy, that Google Now or whatever would give me alerts on how long it would take to get home from work and when to leave to get places in my calendar, stuff like that.  Now, that's all completely gone unless I turn my GPS on (and it actually catches a signal).  Sooooo....I'm supposed to use up ALL my data on stuff that used to work perfectly prior to this "update" by leaving my GPS on 24/7?  No thanks.  I've been procrastinating on doing a factory reset because it's just SUCH a pain, but I guess it's my only option...oh joy.  I do just love wasting 3+ hours fixing a problem caused by something I have no control over.