Why won't my phone power up?
dchercb
Enthusiast - Level 1

All of a sudden my phone is shutting off by itself.  I was able to eventually turn it back on yesterday and charged it over night thinking that was the problem.  I was out today and left my phone in my vehicle, when I got back to my phone it had shut itself off and will not turn on.  Why is this happening all of a sudden?  This is a problem for me since it's my only phone and I use it for business.  I really don't want a new phone, it took me two years to figure this one out.  HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my phone power up?
J-FED
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem that just happened right before midnight on the 14th, I don't understand what happened either. It was losing the charge and it just had an update this week. Now it is dead.

dchercb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ri-friggin-diculous I tell you.  I wonder if this is Verizon's way of insisting you upgrade your phone.

0 Likes
dchercb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally got the phone to power up and expected to see a low battery, but it shows the battery is fully charged.  I don't know if this is due to an update or what, but I'm thinking not since I just checked for updates the other day and the phone said there was none.  I'll keep it plugged into the charger and see if it shuts down again.  It would be nice to know why this is happening all of a sudden and how to fix it for good.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's ensure your device is up and running! Is the device fully charged? Was the phone warm to the touch when entering the vehicle? Does it typically occur when your completing a certain function? ( ie, making a call, browsing the web, etc )

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes