what does it mean when it says "Mobile network not available?"
newsome
Enthusiast - Level 1
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what does it mean when it says "Mobile network not available?"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello newsome. As Ann154 mentioned, "Mobile Network not available" means the phone is unable to connect to a data signal. Have you tried powering your phone off and on? If you have a 4G device, and are still having problems connecting, you can power the phone off and remove the 4G SIM card for about 10 seconds and then reinsert it and power the phone back on. Please let us know if you are unable to connect after completing these steps.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone can't connect to a cellular data signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello newsome. As Ann154 mentioned, "Mobile Network not available" means the phone is unable to connect to a data signal. Have you tried powering your phone off and on? If you have a 4G device, and are still having problems connecting, you can power the phone off and remove the 4G SIM card for about 10 seconds and then reinsert it and power the phone back on. Please let us know if you are unable to connect after completing these steps.

AndreaS_VZW

Dradams13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely having the same problem, but I can text and use data, which is what I am doing right now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get you up and running, Dradams13. Sorry you're experiencing this, as well. This error usually effects voice, text, and data - not being able to make calls, only, is strange indeed. Which phone do you have with us? Where are you located (zip). What happens when you try to make calls? Let us know so we can be helpful in getting to the bottom of this for you.

TanishaS1_VZW

Dradams13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a droid maxx 32gb, and I live in Chicago at 60625. The phone is brand new from Asurion, a replacement for my original phone that had a malfunctioning mic.

I took it to a verizon store after scouring the web for solutions, taking out the sim, turning off the phone, etc., and the rep there said he could not figure it out.

I called Asurion to get another replacement, but they dont have a 32gb version available to send me just the 16gb droid maxx, which is not an option for me. I didnt spend all the money on this phone and the insurance to take a downgrade. That is just ridiculous.

So if you think you can solve the problem, have at it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dradams13,

Let's ensure you have a working phone to enjoy your service! As long as your current phone does not have physical or water damage then the phone can be replaced under warranty through us. Have you tried contacting Customer Service to have these service issues looked into?

KarenC_VZW

Dradams13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well if you read the previous post you'll see that this is the replacement phone. So once you read that, let me know what you think.

gumbi47
Enthusiast - Level 2

My droid RAZR m did the same thing a few days ago but no data. Was able to make calls and all that but no data. Went through all steps with no results. Finally I did a factory reset and it fixed the issue. But still having multiple issues from the KitKat update but that's a whole other story. Be sure to back up before trying.

Dradams13
Enthusiast - Level 2

So what you are saying is that we have two entirely different phones, with two entirely different issues, and you recommend full reset? Forgive me if I wait for verizon to make a recommendation, albeit very slowly with multiple different CSRs.