iTunes like interface for Driod!
kurttrail

From doubletwist.com

It even converts AVI's so that they play on the Droid!

0 Likes
Re: iTunes like interface for Driod!
yewslus

Moderator has been notified.

The software is bogus.  Do not install.  File set off my Symantec Endpoint Protection and locked up my machine during download.

0 Likes
schmittdoggy

It's not bogus... it's been getting a lot of write ups lately.  I installed it but didn't like it.   But certainly not "bogus."

0 Likes
Packet
Enthusiast - Level 3

doubleTwist is a widely-used, legitimate piece of software.  I'm not sure why it would set off Symantec, but it's hardly a skeezy fly-by-night.  This is the new company that Jon Johansen (a.k.a., 'DVD Jon,' the guy who cracked DVD CSS encryption) started up. They've been written up quite often, profiled as a company by Wired and various newspapers, etc.

Their overall aim is apparently to create an iTunes-like interface for everything that isn't an iPod; they sync to Android, Palm Pre, a number of random music-phones, various media-players, and even present the Amazon MP3 store in an iTunes Store style interface, integrated into the client.  

Now, I don't actually care for doubleTwist that much; I think the software still needs a lot of work.  But they're still hands-down the easiest way to do fairly trouble-free synching onto a Palm or Android device, and they're definitely legitimate.  And they're available on both Windows and Mac OS X.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Lech_Johansen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DoubleTwist

0 Likes
yewslus

The plain fact that it set off Symantec is good enough for me.  Hope other people have better luck.

0 Likes
WendyM
Moderator Emeritus

Please Be Careful. While our members are generally helpful and eager to provide useful information, be advised that Verizon has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.

-WendyM

0 Likes