Signal issues
bgainer

My zip is 97394.  The signal is the same for both voice and data.  It is not mostly indoors, it is all around town.  It is not in multiple cities.  I know it is not my phone that is the issue.

I complained about the signal issues here as much as a year and a half ago. There has been no movement to improve the problem.  I believe it is just ignored because we are rural (although along one of the busiest highways in the US, Pacific Coast Hwy, US 101.  I believe a lot of us Verizon customers that have legitimate complaints in smaller markets are ignored.  Yet, we pay the same amount for the service we get as people that get all of the benefits from a market that has a 100,000 people in it.  It is particularly galling because the signal is shown to us, everyone in fact, that it exists when in fact it does not, and Verizon knows that it does not.

I want you to note that it is not a terrain issue either.  Your competitors don't have signal problems, they get full 4G LTE.

>> Subject shortened for brevity.  Also please see I do not get the signal that is advertised or stated by your coverage maps, or sales people.  I am g... <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal issues
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

bgainer,

I am sorry to hear that you are having signal issues around your area. What type of signal issues are you having? How many bars of service do you have? What signal strength do you show? 4G LTE, 3G, 1X? We can understand the importance of having a great signal. Let's work on this together.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bgainer

I have 1 and 2  bars of service.  3G.  According to your coverage maps, which I have looked at many times, I should be getting 4G LTE.  The signal strength has been declining over the last year and a half.  I have complained about this before, was told that a tech from Idaho would be doing a complete assessment, but nothing ever happened.

I know it is not my phone.  It works fine in other places.

My street address is:  SW Norwood Dr, Waldport, OR.  97394

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for following up, bgainer. Was a network ticket completed when you spoke with the technician? The area is a 4G LTE extended coverage area which may cause data to drop down to 3G. I understand that other carriers may work in the area but with large bodies (Alsea Bay and the Pacific Ocean ) of water both sides of the location this can cause signal interference as well as other tophography related issues.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes