Mobile Email with Yahoo not working
PlayaKilla

I use Mobile Email to check my Yahoo! Email. I kept getting a communication error when i tried to read new emails.(issue started after data outage) I deleted the account and recreated the account now i get "Validation Account..." then after a minute i get "Communication error.

Please try again later" Help i am unable to read my yahoo emails .. my Verizon.net and Gmail account work property .

I called Verizon and they said the Issue is with Yahoo mail no estimated time when it will be resolved..

Anyone else having trouble reading Yahoo emails with Mobile Email I have the LG Dare..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile Email with Yahoo not working
knowmail
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless also provides a mobile email app called Vemail, that I use with Gmail and Yahoo with no problems.  It has solid push email that it calls Alerts, and I even get email attachments (except for video).  You can find it in Media Center -> Browse & Download -> Get New App -> Email -> Vemail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PX85383

I am having a similar issue with my LG enV3 except with a gmail account.  Tried it on a different cell phone and experienced the same result.  Other accounts work fine.  It seems to be an issue with Mobile Email and how it interacts with Gmail or SSL type email providers.  Let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same.

0 Likes
PlayaKilla

I finally got Mobile Email to validate my Yahoo Account.  However most of the time when I attempt to check my yahoo email it says "Retrieving inbox..." for one minute then I get the following error. "Communication error Please try again later".  My Gmail account works great with no issue.  I"m using Mobile Email (powered by OZ) Version 3.1.1.4 Help !

0 Likes
PX85383

I just got of the phone with Verizon Support who had me change my online Gmail settings to IMAP vs. POP.  I reentered the Gmail account on my cell phone and everything is working fine now using IMAP. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having but if you are using POP, try IMAP. 

0 Likes
PlayaKilla

Thank you for your response. I do not have the ability to configure the connections settings on Mobile Email application and Yahoo does not support IMAP only POP. I have a ticket in with Yahoo to see if they can resolve the issue as Verizon said Its a Yahoo issue. I guess I'm the only one experiencing this issue with Yahoo on Mobile Email with an LG Dare...  I have since been able to validate my account , but still get communication errors when i try to read my mail 90% of the time.

0 Likes
knowmail
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless also provides a mobile email app called Vemail, that I use with Gmail and Yahoo with no problems.  It has solid push email that it calls Alerts, and I even get email attachments (except for video).  You can find it in Media Center -> Browse & Download -> Get New App -> Email -> Vemail.

0 Likes
PlayaKilla

Thank you for the VEMail Suggestion i'll check it out.. However it appears that Yahoo has fixed the issue. I am now able to read my yahoo messages with no issue..

0 Likes
jpascual
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are trying to connect to Yahoo Mail on your Droid phone, and getting the connection error, that problem is solved by a new app in the Android Market called ROID.

0 Likes