How do you move apps to SD card or get more out of storage?
Kiwes01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased my Ellipsis 7 back in December 2013 and I've been dissatisfied with it ever since.  I purchased more memory, which was a total waste of my time seeing as how I cannot move anything from the app space to tablet or to the SD card.  What the heck was the purpose of my purchasing more MEMORY, when I cannot move anything? 

I see others have the same complaint and I'm not finding viable answers here.  If I would have known I would have to delete literally all my favorite apps just so I could update my Chrome, I would have NEVER EVER bought this piece of junk!  This is the worst tablet I've worked with.  Too bad I can't get my money back from this crap!  I don't understand this at all.

As long as I've been a customer of Verizon and spend mega money with this company, they'd endorse a piece of junk like this?  The guy in the Verizon store made me think I would be getting my money's worth out of this, but as it turns out, I'm just wasting my money.  I think I'm going to do away with this tablet and buy one that's user friendly.  I really hate this tablet.  I can't take this mess anymore!

Re: How do you move apps to SD card or get more out of storage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kiwes01 We're sorry to hear you have not enjoyed your device. Please provide us with the software version you see in the settings of the tablet. Select settings, about tablet and list the software version.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kiwes01
Enthusiast - Level 2

SWEET VERSION MV7A_31D26_422

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kiwes01, thank you so much for those details. I was able to pull some details on the tablet. I do apologize but there is not a way to move the applications to the SD Card. The SD Card would be able to house other information such as pictures, music, and videos.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kiwes01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that truly is very unfortunate!  In other words, I was lied to and I have a tablet that only allows me to have about four apps to use and in order to use anything else, I have to delete the majority.  I realize this tablet wasn't a super high powered piece of technology, but for as much as I paid, that is really a shame.  Thank you for at least answering my question, although it wasn't the result I as going for. 

I'll use caution on the next tablet I purchase and it most definitely will not be from Verizon.  That's no way to treat good longstanding paying customers!

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Kiwes01

If your software version is MV7A_31D26_422, please call our Customer Support at 1 (800) 837-4966 and they will support you through a software update (to MV7A_31D25_422A) that will enhance the available storage on your device.

Just so you know, you will be required to ship your device for this software enhancement. I am posting more information below.

-------

Important Note: Memory Management
If you encounter low memory messages including “Available app space” or “Storage space running out” please check the software on your tablet:

1)         Go to Settings
2)         Select About Tablet
3)         Refer to SW Version

If the SW Version on your Ellipsis 7 tablet is:

MV7A_31D16_422  OR
MV7A_31D18_422  OR
MV7A_31D26_422

Then moving to software version MV7A_31D25_422A will enhance the available storage on your device. You are eligible for a software update on the tablet. Please call our Customer Support at 1 (800) 837-4966, and they will support you through this process. You will be required to ship your device for this software enhancement.

If your tablet is on MV7A_31D25_422A or MV7B_31D41_422 , then your device already has all the memory improvements and you will need to free up memory space. Please uninstall apps that are not needed and move media files to an SD card or to your PC.

thellmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Come on Verizon, upgrade this tablet to Kit Kat, even a stripped down version, and these complaints will go away.  Kit Kat provides all these functions of storing apps and other information on the SD card with native apps, not having to connect to a PC and try to use the file transfer operation as if it were a disk drive.  Update the tablet to Kit kat and that will automatically allow these functions to work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you absolutely sure that the KitKat OS version of Android will solve the problem? KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
texarcher
Enthusiast - Level 1

My tablet has the software version that Verizon states will fix the problem. They are incorrect. I am not able to move apps to the SD card and I can only have a few small apps on my tablet. This tablet was not worth what Verizon charges for it. The tablet is junk with insufficient storage.

0 Likes
jzielinski59

I have one of these , soon to be paper weight , that I was basically FORCED to take , when I upgraded to a new phone when My contract was up . Now I have this version on it ....MV7B_31D41_422Y.... Now according to you that is the so called updated version ... Ok fine .... What does the " Y " mean at the end of it stand for ? Would not be a bad little tablet if you could put stuff like apps on the SD card ... Heck even the real cheap tablets I have from a company called IdeUsa, allows you to move apps to the SD card ... What gives......

0 Likes