Battery Issue?
jeffb11098
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was working fine until earlier this week.  I had gotten the latest firmware update a few weeks ago and it worked fine.  I left work and noticed that my phone was off.  I turned it back on and got the splash screen for the Samsung and Verizon screen, then it goes to my normal home screen to unlock, then shuts off.  I took the phone to a Verizon store and they looked at it briefly, I think it was the battery but the rep said it was the phone and since I have insurance I got the replacement SIII yesterday.  Put everything in (Battery, SIM, SD card) and the same issue is happening with the "new" phone.  I ordered a new battery from Amazon to see if that is the culprit.  I have a mophie case for the phone and if I turn the case on to charge the battery in my phone which is at 100% according to the display it will actually power on and stay on.  So is this a battery issue since the charge from the mophie seems to put the phone in working order, and since I have the same battery into the new phone and got the same result.  Or is this an issue with the latest firmware since I'm seeing a lot of posts about power issues since going to KitKat.  Just seems odd that the phone was working fine and out of nowhere it's worthless unless plugged directly into a power source, no water damage or drops. 

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Battery Issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeffb11098 Having a reliable battery is definitely important. We appreciate the stpes you have taken to get to the bottom of this issue. Based on your post, we recommend trying a new battery which is also covered under a 1 year warranty. You can reach out to technical support at 800-922-0204. Please keep us posted.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
pwrhr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. I was fine for a few weeks after the upgrade, but just this past week began experiencing battery slow charging/fast discharging issues.

I've been using the factory provided charger and it won't provide a full charge most days. Last night charged to 100% but drained to less than 7% in just about an hour of normal use and standby.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pwrhr lets get you charged up! Fill us in on the details and we'll find a fix! Has there been any changes to the device outside of the update since this issue started? Has there been any physical water/damage?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pwrhr
Enthusiast - Level 2

There has not been any changes to the device other than upgrading to Android 4.4.2 from VZW over the air on 6/28/14. No physical damage to the phone. Everything has been the same as far as usage, chargers, etc. Only thing that changed was the Android OS update_SCH-I535_NC1_to_NE1. The upgrade was successful.

0 Likes
chicknbees
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have had issues with my battery since the last update.  My phone also gets very hot.  This is not a battery issue.  This is an update issue.  My data plan is at its limit because of the changes.  My phone acts like I have over used it even when I have turned it off for the night and left it on the charger.  Which I know that most people do not turn them off.  Also having problems with WIFI unstable - and no it is not my WIFI since the other phones in the house that are not Samsung Galaxy S3 are not having this issue.  The WIFI issue was a couple upgrades ago.  Just didn't have time to post all the issues.  This latest upgrade needs to be backed out until Google can get it's act together.

0 Likes