Verizon please release a Home Fusion Data Usage Tracking Tool for customers
BeckyInEastLeroy

Just switched to Home Fusion. It works quickly but data usage has gone up dramatically. Why?

In the past, with my MiFi hotspot, I could use Verizon website tools to view usage per session to see when data was being used.

Verizon has no tools for customers to view usage during data sessions on their Home Fusion.

The only tool available is a worthless display of the "packets" used during the current session and the number of hours connected.

We cannot view past data sessions or a measure of mb or gb used for even the current session, let alone past sessions.

Verizon, please release an application that gives customers the ability to see when data is being used by their Home Fusion wireless connections!!!!

You will continue to receive complaints from customers on your forum and by phone if you don't give us the tools we need to see when data is being used at the very least.

My data usage has jumped up dramatically. The only help you'll give is for me to call Tier 2 support and have them list off my past data sessions and the amount of data used. Perhaps I'll call more regularly so they'll get annoyed and get an app for customers to see their data for themselves.

Your refusal to put detailed data usage in the hands of your customers makes me think forum complaints of your Home Fusion using data when all computers are off might be valid and suspect you may be trying to hide a problem with your data usage billing.

How can I dispute my data usage if you won't allow access to more than the total usage YOU claim I've used?

Make this customer tool a TOP PRIORITY. If I'd known data usage would jump and there'd be nothing to document the reason, I'd have cancelled within the 14 days. Wish I was quicker to investigate.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon please release a Home Fusion Data Usage Tracking Tool for customers
GinaDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Starting March of this year, My bill has ESCALATED to the $1,000 mark and I'm FED up with their STEALING MY DATA. I have had the box TURNED OFF THIS BILLING CYCLE JUST TO SEE. June 16 was the first day. We had to go out of state so I made sure that Home Fusion box was OFF.. We returned the following night around 1130 pm and NINE GB of data was used on the 16th and we were NOT home AND THE BOX WAS TURNED OFF. THEY CANNOT EXPLAIN, WILL NOT REFUND, ETC.................. BeckyInEastLeroy

0 Likes
BrianH5

I had a similar situation with a lot of data being charged when we were not home. I did not have my home fusion turned off however all of our computers, iPads, etc. were with us. I live in the country so no one was using it. I have actually asked a friend who is a tech professional help me track usage vs whats being charged. A couple of days in and it is pretty obvious that they are charging for unused data. I plan to start a class action lawsuit once I have definitive results. I plan to take this as far as I can until they fix the problem. I am not worried about my latest bill. This is my best internet option because of where I live.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Do you even know what "class action" means. A single person doesn't file a "class action" suit. Secondly you gave up you're right to class action suits when you use your service. Try reading your customer agreement. Third no one is magically adding data to your account. You going to have your friend come to trial as your "expert"? I'm pretty sure Verizon has better experts.

ladyonthelake

Brian,

Count me in on your class action suit.  I am SO fed up with being charged (I suspect illegally) for overages.  I too was on vacation in Mexico for 2 weeks in Feb. and my data allowance went over 4 times!  There was a house sitter who accessed her email while she was here but turned everything off at night so there is no excuse for this!  I am on day 2 of my monthly allowance and am at almost 1GB of usage already -- all I do is send and read emails, NEVER stream anything, only watch a short video (under 5 minutes) once in awhile and I surf the web and shop now and then.  Live in the country and no other better options or I would dump Verizon in a heartbeat.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

HOW DO I RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH VERIZON WIRELESS?

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes