KitKat messed up my photo gallery
TheGrislees

Post-kitkat install on my Razr M, deleted images are "masking" more recent ones.  Images I know I deleted are showing up in the gallery.  When I click on them, they "disolve" while opening to reveal the new image beneath.  It would be a neat parlor trick, but it makes finding images rather difficult as I have to guess which old image the one I want his hiding behind.

Can this be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: KitKat messed up my photo gallery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello TheGrislees, this is definitely out of the ordinary! Let's solve this mystery! Can you please test the device and gallery in safe mode: http://vz.to/1jrp6SH Do you by chance have an SD card or are the photos stored on Verizon Cloud?

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TheGrislees

Still a problem in Safe Mode.

No SD card, and I didn't knowingly save anything to the Cloud at any point, but thought they were stored on the phone itself (I have had to clear out the images periodically due to size constraints.

Performance as a whole has been dragging since the "upgrade" - the touch screen in particularly seems balky and unreliable (I'll be trying to send a text or use an app, and random unrelated windows will pop up).

Beth

0 Likes
DroidHD_1

I'm having exactly the same issue with my Motorola

DROID RAZR MAXX HD.

The thumbnails show old images but if you click on them, you'll see a different image that was recently taken.

It all started with the kitkat upgrade.

0 Likes
TheGrislees

Any new suggestions?

0 Likes
TheGrislees

I had to repost my question because after trying the initial advice, and reporting that the suggestion failed to correct the problem, this thread recieved no further responses from Verizon.

(discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service)

@DroidHD_1 you might try the advice I was given on my second post: kitkat broke my photo gallery

I haven't tried it yet, but who knows...

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes