Re: Samsung galaxy s3 wont charge
kathytoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

(Discussion of moderation removed)  I will just call corporate.  I'm tired of the run around already!!!

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
readk

About 2-3 weeks ago I began having  the same issue on a 9 mo old Galaxy S3. Symptom - Phone will charge to 15% in normal time then slow charging to a max of 60%.

I have eliminated the following by trouble shooting:

Charger - Symptom remains using multiple chargers in multiple wall outlets. No PC ports used for testing.

Battery - Replaced orignal battery with new OEM battery with exact same results.

I have calibrated both batteries no improvement in symptom.

I have charged the unit in Safe Mode multiple times No change in symptoms.

The only thing that is positive is that I have charged the unit overnight in power "OFF" mode. After 8 hours charge, the battery reported 100% charge and held charge during normal usage for 27 hours.

This seems to be a software issue, probably at the OS level. Last System Update occurred 5/10  - SCH-1535_ML1_to NC1.

Does anyone from VZW have any suggestions?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

readk, thanks for all of these details. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? If so, some application software can affect the performance of your device and drain your battery. Try uninstalling a few applications in Settings>Application Manager>Tap the Application>tap Uninstall. Once you have uninstalled a few applications, you will need to power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

ChristinaB_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
readk

I believe I have eliminated the apps possibility by charging the system in safe mode for 8 hours+. as of today, I did a factory reset. Still no change in the symptoms.

0 Likes