Re: Backup Assistant - Sync Service Failed message
rbwla

Thank you - got my PIN.  But now that I know it, it won't ask for the PIN prompt after performing what trirunner posted 3 posts ago - clearing the data, then restarting backup now.  It doesn't ask for the PIN, nor will it backup.. All I get is the "SYnc service failed.   Failed to read data from Android Contacts Provider.   Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try rebooting your phone.

0 Likes
rbwla

Nope - rebooted (as I have been doing for 2 weeks) and it still gives same error message.  I think it started when I got a new car and the bluetooth in the car synced with the phone.   Need more ideas please!

0 Likes
scottymchoty
Enthusiast - Level 1

cant sync and lost all my Contacts .  I been haveing probles with my back up not syncing for some time now. what ca i do ?

0 Likes
scottymchoty
Enthusiast - Level 1

keep geting sync service failed

failed to read data from android contacts provider

Now I lost all my contacts, just out of the blue.... is there some thing wrong with android agan ?

0 Likes
Av8rx

I kept getting Error 10 message.  I did what was suggested in #5 and rebooted my phone, then went top Backup Assistant app and had it back up contacts, which it did, and it then told me that all is good with sync.  Yippee!  Sometimes it is just that simple.

0 Likes