They said we would have more emoji's - where are they???
mysweetp77
Enthusiast - Level 2

The upgrade claims to have given us more emoji's - where are they??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: They said we would have more emoji's - where are they???
mysweetp77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured this out..you have to depress the microphone button and it will give you a tray of icons and the emojis are in there. You don't have to download anything. Maybe you know this but if not...now you do!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quite a few new emoji's in the text app when you press the emoji (smiley face) key.

0 Likes
mysweetp77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't even have that on my keyboard....the only way I even get emoji's is if I hit Insert Smiley. I'm not too sure what you are talking about. Am I supposed to download some other keyboard that had an emoji icon??

0 Likes
Not applicable

In many devices under settings there is a section named keyboards.

You click on it, then you can select the emoji keyboard.

You then go into the message app and you should be able to toggle from US Keyboard with letters & numbers to the other keyboard with smiley faces, beer glasses etc.

The best way to find out about these settings and features is from your owners manual.

Good Luck

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

mysweetp77 wrote:

I don't even have that on my keyboard....the only way I even get emoji's is if I hit Insert Smiley. I'm not too sure what you are talking about. Am I supposed to download some other keyboard that had an emoji icon??

Go to menu > settings, then under My Device go to Language and Input.  Under Default, you probably have it set to Swype ... tap that and you should get a pop-up ... choose Samsung keyboard.  Back out of that and go into your Messaging app.  Start a new text, then press the Sym key and then the Smiley key ... tons of emoji's should be there.

mysweetp77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured this out..you have to depress the microphone button and it will give you a tray of icons and the emojis are in there. You don't have to download anything. Maybe you know this but if not...now you do!

0 Likes