Re: Pix Flix Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Softshell,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your device. Let's get to the bottom of this ASAP. What device do you currently have? Are you able to receive video messages other times? Did you receive this message from someone that you know? Is it a forward or is it a regular video being sent? I know lots of questions but just trying to get you towards a resolution.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Softshell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Robin...I don’t have a smartphone, only an LG Revere 2.  I can and do receive pictures and texts on this phone.  I know I cannot receive video right to the phone.

I received a text message from my cousin that said in part that I could go online to view a PIXFLIX message by following the directions on the web site www.vzwpix.com.  Once I got to the web site the directions indicated I didn’t have an active account and would have to sign up for Backup Assistant Plus, which I did.  I once again tried to retrieve the message but each time I received the same message—I didn’t have an active account.  But I do.  Even the Verizon customer service rep, Sonia, who was trying to help me online checked and verified I did.  She tried to provide several workarounds, but nothing worked.  One site she told me to try was www.vzw.com/picture.  Another one was www.vzw.com/picturemessaging.

I know I can’t get video on my “dumb phone”, but from the text I originally received I got the impression that it would be possible through my computer.  If it is, please let me know how.

Thanks.

Joe

Private info removed as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Softshell,

Thank you for that information. We certainly want you to have options to view material if not available on your device. If you had not registered your pixplace account, which was disbanded starting 6 months ago for users did not access it, then it would more or less been stuck in que. If you registered after the fact, then it would only be for Backup Assistant which going forward will allow you the option to view the video online. We can review your account to confirm this, but it is likely that since the registration took place after the message sent, it will not be viewable unless sent again. If you want us to review you can follow my handle TonyG_VZW and send me a Direct Message with your account info and we can take a deeper look.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Softshell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tony,

Go ahead and review my account. In the meantime I will ask my cousin in California to send the

original Pix Flix message again.

Once he does, and your review indicates I have indeed signed up for Backup Assistant,

is there any particular method I’ll use to view the video other than signing in to my Verizon

account, and selecting My Verizon>My Messaging>Online Album>Manage Your Album? Doing this now brings up

this message:

Sorry, it appears you do not have an active account.

New Multimedia Messaging accounts are unable to be created

because the service is being upgraded to Backup Assistant

Plus...Verizon Wireless new cloud service.

With the Backup Assistant Plus you can....

a.. Get 500 MB of cloud storage FREE.

b.. An app for your mobile phone, tablet, computer and web

(all FREE).

c.. Use the web app composer to share your photos with

friends and family.

Plus...the cloud keeps your media in sync so you can enjoy

your photos, videos and music from anywhere!

Activating your cloud takes less than a minute.

Looking forward to viewing this online, and others in the future.

Thanks.

0 Likes