Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
Archon0670
Enthusiast - Level 2

B.S.   Samsung already worked hard and released it.  Now you guys are messing with the manufacturers update to add  your own programs that not every many people want or use. 

I call B.S.

I took it in the ass for 700 dollars and now I have to wait for the update.  I guarantee you, this is my last contract with VZW.

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, is really frustrating the lack of communication and attention to customers by Verizon. 

Probably next time it makes more sense to get the Google Play Edition.

cunningj8
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your business thegman4ever! We would never want to see you lose the quality of the best network and support over an OS update! What good is a device or OS alone without those attributes? What specifically do you find lacking with the current OS?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe this is why Verizon hasn't yet offered the 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Note 3. LG G2 users seem to have a problem with battery drain along with other issues: LG G2 kitkat SEVERE battery drain and performace issues ... If that is the case, then I would now rather wait until they have worked out the bugs to get rid of the issues and make KitKat more stable when it's released for the Note 3. Sure 4.3 JellyBean is old, but at least it is stable at the moment.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Also, I saw KitKat on my friend's Note 3 (he has Sprint) and I didn't see any real difference except all the icons in the status bar are white and maybe a slight difference in UI with the way the icons look on the home screen and camera icon on the lock screen.

0 Likes
Naujit_Moreno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just read that Verizon is pushing out kitkat for S4 right now... Don't know how true this is http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/04/25/verizon-galaxy-s4-android-4-4-update-arrives-galaxy-note-3-m...

0 Likes
crazyoldman
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's true.  My son's S4 is being updated as I type this.  Still no word on the N3.

0 Likes
cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is so insane why this wasn't done before. I sit here keep checking to see if maybe it pushed through. We prob won't get it till the end of May till they see how the s4 is doing. We have these great phones good service and a lack of updates.

S_Bumgardner
Enthusiast - Level 2

OS updates can indeed be exciting. They can also cause a lot of problems and do things the owner of the hardware might not want.

Will the update to 4.4 be automatic/mandatory?

Will the update to 4.4 break the ability to run apps from the SD card?

Thank you for your response.

0 Likes