Problems with Billing
tsp67

I have been a Verizon customer for over 13 years. On 2-13-14 I joined the Edge program since I like to upgrade my phone often and sometimes I do not realize I do not like the phone after the return date. On 3-25-14 I decided that I wanted a different phone. I went online to do the upgrade (since the nearest Verizon store is 1.5 hours away) and started the process. When completing the order online it wanted me to pay the $229.09 edge payoff and have to return the phone (no problem). As I continued through the process is wanted to kick me off the edge program and pay $199.00 for the upgrade fee and put my back on a regular two year program. I called customer service and was advised that I had to go to the store and trade the phone in and could not do it online and if I did I would be kicked off the edge and back to the regular two year. I explained that I could not just drive to the store to do the process, I was told sorry there was nothing that could be done. I completed the process online anyway and figured I would just go back to the two year program. At no time was I advised that my automatic payment had not gone through for whatever reason and that was the reason it wanted to kick me off the edge program. So after completing the process and receiving the new phone a couple days later I noticed the return label and packaging to return the phone on the edge program.

Due to my busy schedule I could not log on to my account to check and see if maybe I remained on the edge program and maybe the $199.00 upgrade fee was a computer glitch. At this time I noticed that I was being charged another $229.00 to pay the edge phone in full. I called customer service and explained the situation and it seemed hard for the person to understand. I advised her that I would just keep the edge phone if I was paying full price for it. I was advised that I have to return it or I would be charged another $600.00. I asked her if that made any sense to her that I paid the phone in full but would be charged if I did not return it, she did not agree or disagree. She also advised me that the edge program did not work because my bill was past due even though I'm on automatic payment and it should have been paid automatically. I told her just to refund the $199.00 or the $229.00 or both. She stated that it could not be done. The conversation continued and I THINK she began to see the problem and told me that she would work on it. She advised me that she would work on the problem and call me back within the next couple days. In a couple days I received a text saying she was working on the problem. A few days later I got another text saying sorry she was still working on the problem. Obviously she has seen the problem but her hands are tied on fixing it. I guess $600.00 is nothing to a million dollar company but it is to me.

As of now I have paid full price for a phone plus an upgrade fee for another and had to return the phone I paid full price for.  Explain to my how that makes any sense whatsoever. Also i did return the edge phone so I did not have to pay another $600.00.

So in all I have paid $636.00, had to return a phone I paid full price for, paid $199.00 for the upgrade fee and I'm still enrolled on the edge program. Explain to me how this adds up or makes any sense. I have been a long to loyal customer and this really puts a bad taste in my mouth. If you can easily charge my any amount it should be refunded just as easy but according to customer service it cannot, BS. Please fix this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Billing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tsp67,

I certainly understand your concern with the way you upgraded online. We value your loyalty and want you to be happy with your phone. I know it's important to obtain clarification. It sounds as though you paid for the 2-year agreement. Nonetheless, I'm happy to clarify it all. Please send me a direct message so I can review the details.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
tsp67

Yes I paid the $199 upgrade and new two year agreement along with paying the total amount for the edge phone. If I paid the whole amount on the edge phone I should have been able to keep it, correct? That's the same as buying a phone at full price.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tsp67,

I appreciate the details. I will need to review the account to get to the bottom of this. If you were not eligible for an upgrade, then Early Edge requires the previous phone to be returned. Please send me a direct message.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
tsp67

I understand the edge agreement. 50% of the phone paid off and return the phone to get another phone. I was charge 100% of the phone cost and had to return the phone, then charged $199 for the second phone.

You say to direct message you so how do I do that or do I just reply to the email?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tsp67,

I appreciate the details. Once I am able to see your account details, I can clarify it all. Please open http://vz.to/1gUoxfV to view the steps to direct message me.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tsp67 wrote:

I understand the edge agreement. 50% of the phone paid off and return the phone to get another phone.  I was charge 100% of the phone cost and had to return the phone, then charged $199 for the second phone.

You say to direct message you so how do I do that or do I just reply to the email?

Please don't post your personal information on this public forum where the entire world could see it.

Please be sure to send the follow request to the individual username of the rep. adas_vzw

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes