What's the deal with the reported Camera bug? "forced closing and Camera failed"
wiesel42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just ordered a Galaxy S5 yesterday....it should arrive Friday.  I just read today about the camera bug that is only on Verizon.  What's the deal and what is VZW gonna do about it?

Re: What's the deal with the reported Camera bug?  "forced closing and Camera failed"
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

I saw this too.  Seems to only be affecting Verizon phones, although I haven't had the problem yet.

That being said, Samsung is releasing an OTA patch today: Sprint Galaxy S5 Receiving Small Update With Minor Changes | Droid Life  which may or may not address this issue.  It does refer to a camera feature, but not directly to 'crashes' that are being reported.

0 Likes
Re: What's the deal with the reported Camera bug?  "forced closing and Camera failed"
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Correction: It was widely reported to be just Verizon issued phones, but have now read this has happened to a few people on Sprint network, and also the 02 network in the UK....which points to a device issue, not a carrier firmware issue.

0 Likes
Re: What's the deal with the reported Camera bug? "forced closing and Camera failed"
bearone21
Legend

why don't you wait & see if you have a problem?

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

How would this be only on Verizon? It sounds like a hardware issue or software issue.

0 Likes
Re: What's the deal with the reported Camera bug? "forced closing and Camera failed"
B33
Legend

All Galaxy  S-5 members Look use this Link to  what I posted..  it refers to the issues with the camera on the Galaxy S-5

0 Likes