Verizon sales rep lied about verizon edge
metzy25
Enthusiast - Level 2

About a month ago I signed up for the Verizon edge program not knowing much about it. I was told by the sales rep that after 30 days I could upgrade when ever I wanted and I wouldn't have to pay anything just trade in my device. I kept asking the rep to make sure I was understanding edge the right way, and each time he said he was explaining it exactly how it worked. So Monday I went into Verizon to upgrade to the galaxy s5 and that's when I first found out that I had to have half my phone payed off before upgrading. I feel very disrespected getting lied to multiple times by the rep. I've called customer service and they supposedly can't do anything about it. That I have to go into the store I got the edge plan through. So I did end up going in but the manager of the store wasn't there, and this Verizon is 35 minutes from our new house And I don't feel like I should have to run back and fourth for this. What are my options? I've never had any problems with Verizon until now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon sales rep lied about verizon edge
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It stinks that the Edge program may have been miscommunicated to you. In the end you must sign the Edge agreement and you should have received a copy from the rep. It is also available on your online account. Unfortunately, you will be held to this agreement.

0 Likes
metzy25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Honestly we never signed anything, all i have are receipts from the purchase. I'm starting to think that the sales rep did that on purpose, so he could make the sale. Also I shouldn't have to go online to figure out how the plan works after I left on the Verizon edge plan. I should have been explained the plan the correct way which it wasn't. It's there job to explain the information the correct way. I'm disappointed on how Verizon has treated me and my family on this subject. Obviously I wouldn't have signed up for edge if I was explained the plan the correct way. It's a terrible deal. Obv the way it was explained to us, it would be a fantastic deal.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is illegal for them to allow you to enter into any type of agreement like that without your signature. I just looked at my Edge Agreement online. It will be under the Documents and Receipts tab on the left when you sign in. When you open the PDF it is 4 pages long. On the first page it will have your Edge Agreement Number, you name and address. Each of the 4 pages is marked at the bottom with the agreement number. The 4th page should contain your signature as captured electronically at time of purchase. Mine does. It might be worth pulling up this document if you say you weren't asked to sign anything.

Edge is really a good deal if you like the flexibility of being able to upgrade earlier than every 2 years, not signing a long term contract and/or want to avoid the $30 upgrade fee. Plus you may qualify for additional discounts depending on your monthly plan.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

metzy25 wrote:

I should have been explained the plan the correct way which it wasn't. It's there job to explain the information the correct way.

Obviously there is no way to tell if it wasn't explained correctly OR you simply misunderstood. If you are past your 14 day return period, you will be held to the agreement.

0 Likes