Ensuring new phones are sold completely unused
B33
Legend

Elector I'm glad you mentioned that in your post, as I was a little caught off Guard when I was looking at my htc ONE m8 as I'm doing now when I go into)  Phone Identity and scroll down to the Bottom it says in Bold type:

Last Factory Data Reset:

Fri, March 7,2014 6:33 PM

Assuming it was done at the Factory,  I imagine it was I didn't take ownership of the phone till April but it still makes look twice when you see that on your phone it was put through a F.R. and you were not the one that ran it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ensuring new phones are sold completely unused
Not applicable

Here is something to ponder. Every time I purchase a new device at the store I tell them I want a new device in the original box and wrapping. (Some companies re-wrap a used device, returned etc.) And sell it as new.

Every phone I owned and own had zero days, months, years etc. On it when I started it up.

My last two iphones were just a scanned bar code, then a language change since it was set as Chinese.

I looked at the set date and it was just my use.

As I said like you I have a friend who got taken for a new device when it showed use prior to his sale.

I don't believe the factory releases a device with usage or restore on it. That may be a Google search.

When you were past your 14 day worry free guarantee the manger made an exception and let you get that HTC M8. Did you ever wonder now why?

But in any case I think that original poster may have gotten a new/like new device.

0 Likes
Re: Ensuring new phones are sold completely unused
B33
Legend

Sorry Big E Looking at my statement when I bought the phone was  3/30/14  so it was in March not April, The M8's were released to Verizon on the 25th of March, so I don't think anyone had it before me but the Factory could of done a Factory Reset because of a possible fluke or ta just make the phone run smoother after installing  Kit Kat. or loading sense 6.0 on the phone..