How do I know if my number is being blocked?
Shadow12

HI everyone, I'm new here. Any how I was wondering if there was a way to tell if my number was being blocked?

My long distance girlfriend has been very busy and I've sent her about a dozen text messages in the last week they all say she received them.

I was just wondering if my texts can still say received if my number is blocked?

Do I have to call her to see if she blocked me?

She's not the kind of person to just block someone without saying bye first.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to tell if my number is being blocked?
Not applicable

Helpful to know what phone you have, and what phone she has.

Big difference in an Android Device versus An iOS Apple device.

If the message says sent, it does not mean it was received. It means sent. However most times you receive an error message when they don't send. Now as far as receiving well you really don't know unless you ask her or do a text check to each other

What I like about my iphones is the ability to see it say delivered and I can see my friend typing a reply on his iPhone. On my wife's LG G2 I have seen a red exclamation point at times when she sends me a text which is not imessage but a SMS/MMS/text on other occasions I receive her messages or crazy as it may seem end up in my email inbox.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to tell if my number is being blocked?
Not applicable

Helpful to know what phone you have, and what phone she has.

Big difference in an Android Device versus An iOS Apple device.

If the message says sent, it does not mean it was received. It means sent. However most times you receive an error message when they don't send. Now as far as receiving well you really don't know unless you ask her or do a text check to each other

What I like about my iphones is the ability to see it say delivered and I can see my friend typing a reply on his iPhone. On my wife's LG G2 I have seen a red exclamation point at times when she sends me a text which is not imessage but a SMS/MMS/text on other occasions I receive her messages or crazy as it may seem end up in my email inbox.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: How do I know if my number is being blocked?
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do not trust Verizon's boilerplate answer. 

0 Likes
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do not trust Verizon's boilerplate answer. Dig deeper. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You will go to voicemail or that they are not available you will not know or receive a message that you are blocked. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes