Why does the battery on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar drain so fast?
beth12345

I just got my new phone about a month ago and have had a problem happen a few times. I always plug in my phone to charge while I'm sleeping, and it always is at 100% when I get up. By the time I get to work (an hour or two later) the battery level is down to 40-50%. When I look at the battery level chart in Settings, there is a huge spike downward right away, then it levels off to normal battery drainage (see attached screenshot)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung galaxy stellar battery drainage problem
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

To me, it looks like the battery is not actually charging all the way.  I would suggest taking it to a store and see if they can give you a new battery and, if that doesn't fix it, go back for a replacement phone.

If you want (and I don't know what your normal charging habits are) you could also try to fully charge the phone, use it until it is almost dead, then fully charge it.  Maybe do this a few times to see if it is just a problem with the battery reporting.

View solution in original post

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

To me, it looks like the battery is not actually charging all the way.  I would suggest taking it to a store and see if they can give you a new battery and, if that doesn't fix it, go back for a replacement phone.

If you want (and I don't know what your normal charging habits are) you could also try to fully charge the phone, use it until it is almost dead, then fully charge it.  Maybe do this a few times to see if it is just a problem with the battery reporting.

Draggin86

I've had a similar problem with my phone but it doesnt recognize the charger at all anymore and won't even turn on. This is the third replacement of my phone under warranty and verizon has not been very helpful. Only willing to upgrade me to a reliable phone if I pay them a certain amount of money.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have a functional device Draggin86! Since you have had numerous replacements, have you considered reaching out to the manufacturer of the device for assistance? I recommend reaching out to Samsung by visiting http://bit.ly/IJvmpJ so they can review the issues that are occuring. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

Draggin86

Just yesterday I got a new stellar we will see how this one works after being with out a phone for over a month. I recently filed a complaint with the better business bureau. Ive had numerous verizon associates neglect to return calls as promised or resolve this on going issue.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
mvance

Both my daughter and I have this problem as well.  It is getting worse as the time goes by.  I have to always have it plugged in now, because it doesn't ever keep a charge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mvance - Let's give you back the power to power your phone! How long is the charge lasting on each? Are you using the original chargers and does it charge all the way to 100% when connected?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
mvance

I just got the phone last August.  The phone is charging all the way to 100%, but as soon as I take it off the charger and turn it on, it goes down into the red battery now.  I have to keep it on the charger at all times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That does not sound like fun dragging a charger around, mvance. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please take your battery out of your device. Please feel if the battery feels bloated or swollen. If so, we would want to look at replacing the battery. Please keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes