Re: NOTE 3 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE
cunningj8
Enthusiast - Level 2

does following this method wipe the phone?

0 Likes
Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, all will be re-installed.

If you use Google+, you pictures will be available on Google+.

Contact, should be backup also with your Google Account.

Download stuff and saved games, if those are not stored online, so they are stored on your phone, you may need to connect it first to the PC and backup your phone and SD card just in case.

I did the backup to the PC, apply the steps, then I restored all the stuff from the backup and everything is working fine for me.

0 Likes
cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even though I consider myself some what technically inclined, the link, I know isn't something I could tackle.  I just wish the update would come soon, I feel like your waiting for a Christmas present. 

0 Likes
crazyoldman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Discussion of rooting removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

So there are some who have the update.  You will need to root your phone in order to download and install that update.  There's also word that the S4 4.4.2 update will be pushed out on 5/2/14.  Seems someone was able to get a shot of a Verizon document.  Some are thinking that's when the N3 4.4.2 update will be pushed out.

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
cherylsigns99
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I just read the same article. I am so frustrated because my note pro has the update and my phone is so behind.

0 Likes
write4food
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wonder if it's worth switching carries for something like this?  Is there really that much of a difference between ATT and Verizon, regarding coverage and 4G service?

0 Likes
Naujit_Moreno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just call Verizon about our update and a Verizon rep told me that Samsung haven't released the update to him which that doesn't make sense for Samsung to hold the update from the Biggest phone company to date but this guy didn't sound like he knew what he was talking he used Google to see when we would get a update like we haven't already done that and then he told me not too many companies in the Usa have the update yet and I told him that was a lie and that every company have except us smh... I'm tired of Verizon!

0 Likes
S_Bumgardner
Enthusiast - Level 2

HI,

I'd like to ask what appears to pretty much be the opposite question to everyone else: I do NOT want an upgrade to the next version of Android. Will this happen automatically, and if so, how do I make it stop?

Thanks.

Steve

0 Likes
Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

Download one of the various App Ops permission managers and then disable your "software update" permissions to prevent your phone to get the update.  The App Ops application enable you to open a hidden permission manager that is build on Android Jellybean.

Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

2014-04-22-23-32-46.pngThis is the version I have.

0 Likes