Why can't I receive texts from some of my contacts?
Kalysm

I have the Verizon Juke phone, and have been using the model for years. Recently, I had an issue on a previous Juke device where I was no longer receiving texts from particular contacts, while others were coming through. Everyone was able to receive my texts, however. The problem always happened between me and two or three others at the same time, so it had nothing to do with their personal phone settings. The texts from them to me would get backlogged without being delivered, then arrive en masse a week or two later all at once, and it was always random, without me fiddling around with phone settings or anything of the sort.

I assumed that it was an issue with that Juke, so I bought a new one and activated it, but it did not fix the problem. I had to call Verizon support, and after about an hour of troubleshooting, they informed me that the only solution was to remove the texting feature from my phone, then reinstate it, ultimately losing every text that was stuck in backlog. Although I lost those texts, my phone regained its functionality. The solution worked for about a month, but recently it has returned, and I would like to have a permanent fix, so that I may always receive texts from all of my contacts. As I mentioned, it is a system issue, and it has nothing to do with others' iPhone settings or anything of the sort. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving texts from some contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kalysm,

I am so sorry you are experiencing these issues with your phone. I know it's upsetting to not get your message, especially when you've put effort into troubleshooting, and the issue continues. Just to make sure, do you have the area code programmed into your contacts for each of the people you've had issues with? The number should have the area code, but not have a 1 in front of it.

If you've already confirmed the number is listed correctly, and the problem is persisting, our Technical Support team can file a network ticket to get this issue resolved once and for all. They can be reached at 800-922-0204.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts from some contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kalysm,

I am so sorry you are experiencing these issues with your phone. I know it's upsetting to not get your message, especially when you've put effort into troubleshooting, and the issue continues. Just to make sure, do you have the area code programmed into your contacts for each of the people you've had issues with? The number should have the area code, but not have a 1 in front of it.

If you've already confirmed the number is listed correctly, and the problem is persisting, our Technical Support team can file a network ticket to get this issue resolved once and for all. They can be reached at 800-922-0204.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes