My Droid won't connect to my home wifi. What should i DO?
souten88

I've tried, resetting the phone and powering off and on but it still won't connect to my wifi.  Other devices in my home connect to the wifi but this phone will not.  It's a replacement they sent me and my old phone still connects.  It also is running on 3g and not 4g.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Droid won't connect to my home wifi. What should i DO?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I understand how important it is to be able to utilize Wi-Fi. What happens when you go to connect? Is the network shown under available networks? Does the device connect to other networks?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Any luck with the phone yet?

Will it get recognized by PC?

If so , I would do a compete firmware reinstall with RSDlite and latest official VZW ROM file for the phone.

That will totally restore the phone to new, wiping out anything that might have been messed up.

If you are not tech savvy, you can try stopping in VZW store that has tech support to ask if they can restore with ROM file. I would call first to make sure they will do it and can do it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are not using MAC address filtering on your wifi router? If you are, it might what is preventing the phone connecting to the router.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes