How do I use Verizon wi-fi to connect my chromebook or desktop?
neeter888
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cutting the cord on satellite tv, internet etc, & wondering if I can use Verizon's wifi to connect my new Google Chromebook, &/or desktop.  If so, how do I do it?  Many thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is name of Verizon's wifi to set up my Chromebook &/or desktop?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could, but exactly how much data do you plan to use every month? With landline internet services you have a much higher data cap for the same you will get a much lower data cap with a cellular broadband option. For example, the landline could have 250 GB per month for $60 at the slowest speed. A $60 plan for Verizon Wireless cellular broadband access could be limited to 10 GB per month and charges for each 1 GB of overages.

I don't know if those prices are real numbers, but I'm fairly certain they are comparable.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could, but exactly how much data do you plan to use every month? With landline internet services you have a much higher data cap for the same you will get a much lower data cap with a cellular broadband option. For example, the landline could have 250 GB per month for $60 at the slowest speed. A $60 plan for Verizon Wireless cellular broadband access could be limited to 10 GB per month and charges for each 1 GB of overages.

I don't know if those prices are real numbers, but I'm fairly certain they are comparable.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It sounds like they are trying to connect to wifi ad needs the name of it to connect as opposed to wanting to pay for it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Jetpack or mifi has its default SSID on the bottom of the device.

0 Likes
neeter888
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, if that is possible. Many thanks.Nita

0 Likes
neeter888
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the info.Nita

0 Likes