Re: 4G Speeds Slow in Charlotte NC
legrena
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the exact same experience going from a 4 to a 5s! Unnaceptable download and upload speeds observed These are my speed test results. It makes no sense.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If there is an Apple store near you, have them look at your phone.

It may just be a faulty radio. I know it has dual radios in the phone (5S)

Sometimes it is not always better to have more in the phone.

Good Luck

legrena
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome, thanks for that tip. I'll have that checked out. Hopefully this is the issue.

0 Likes
grayrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in a small town called Roachdale, Indiana.  According to Verizon, I am supposed to get at least 3G coverage and voice/data coverage in my area.  However, I get dropped calls, no data coverage at all.  Verizon was trying to say it was a problem with my device.  However, I have 2 iPhone 5's and a HTC ONE on this account, and all three devices get the same (NO) coverage. 

Be honest on your coverage maps.  Other carriers are.

legrena
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait, you mean there is a possibility that Verizon is embellishing their coverage maps?!?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

legrena,

We want you to enjoy only the best service possible. You should definitely be covered if your area shows it is on our map.We make it a top priority to disclose our coverage areas with honesty. What is your zip code? What are the upload and download speeds you have?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@grayrock,

Let's get you the great service you deserve and put a stop to those dropped calls!

I want to take a closer look at the area to see what's going on. What is your zip code? How long have you experienced these challenges with the service? Is this happening only while indoors?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cripes
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL responses like this are why I left Verizon. They just sent me a survey asking why I left. RESPONSES LIKE THIS!!!! It's not your phone. It's their towers. They told me like a bajillion times there were "no known issues." Finally after spamming them with numerous speedtest.net tests during different times of day a network engineer called me and said, "oh, there are issues in your area." Duh. Just leave and go prepaid with another company (I chose AIO). Way better value because I was never getting the 4GLTE I was paying for. We should start a class action lawsuit for all of the monthly fees we paid to this monopolistic, greedy corporation. Not even a bill credit offered. They don't care about you. Here, I'll help, pull your battery and have the same issues. Then call back and reset your device and still have the same issues. Oh, I forgot to tell you you're still paying your bill while they "troubleshoot."

0 Likes
Not applicable

No class action lawsuits are allowed because the US Supreme Court stopped them.

Nice try though.

Good Luck

0 Likes
legrena
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes