I cancelled my account on Jan 23, 2014, but I have received a bill for Feb and Mar.
joelbrown609

I am in the UAE and cannot go back into the Service Center again to fix this.

I cancelled my phone  (removed),

on Jan 23, 2014, but I am still receiving bills.  Please cancel this account and remove the amounts owed.

>>Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cancelled my account on Jan 23, 2014, but I have received a bill for Feb and Mar.  I am in the UAE and cannot go back into the Service Center again to fix this.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of managing your account in a timely manner joelbrown609. I'm sorry for the difficulties you have encountered. Please send us a DM and we will gladly review your account. We are following you now.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

Re: I cancelled my account on Jan 23, 2014, but I have received a bill for Feb and Mar.  I am in the UAE and cannot go back into the Service Center again to fix this.
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@joelbrown609,

Never fear help is here! I'm so sorry to hear you've left us. Let's take a look at your account and see what happened. Please follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a direct message so I can access and review your account. I'm sure we can get this all straighten out.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I cancelled my account on Jan 23, 2014, but I have received a bill for Feb and Mar.
joelbrown609

John,

I cancelled my account in Jan.  This was required to clear all accounts that I and my former wife jointly held.  In the process, my oldest son switched over to a new service, I cancelled my wife's service, then I cancelled my other son's service and closed the account.  I paid what I thought was the final bill, which included the early disconnect fee for two phones.  Please close my account and remove the last two months of charges.  As you will see, I have not used my phone since the day I requested the service to be closed.

I live and work in the UAE so the Verizon account cannot be used.

Thanks,

Joel Brown.

0 Likes
Re: I cancelled my account on Jan 23, 2014, but I have received a bill for Feb and Mar.
joelbrown609

Please cancel my account and remove the charges for Feb and Mar.

Regards,

Joel Brown

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel joelbrown609, we don't want to see you go. However, I understand you may need to complete this process. To cancel your account, you need to call us as we need to review additional account details as well as potential fees. The lines must be cancelled so we become aware of it. Not using the phone does not automatically disconnect the lines. Please send me a direct message here if you have additional questions.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

joelbrown609

I have no questions – just disappointment in the crap I have to go through to complete this cancellation process.

I did not just stop using my phone. I went in person to the Verzion Service Center in Hurst/Richland Hills, TX on Pipeline Rd. I told them I wanted to cancel the service. They looked to see if there would be a cancellation fee, but found there would not be one because my contract has expired.

It is hard as heck to call you from the UAE. But if I have to, I will call the Service Center where I went to cancel the service because there is where the incompetent person is that failed to follow through with my request.

Regards,

Joel Brown

0 Likes
joelbrown609

Interesting that you did not provide a phone number. I guess you expect me to call someone else and start the whole conversation over again.

Regards,

Joel Brown

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

International Support - Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any difficulties with the cancellation process, joelbrown609. Please visit http://vz.to/18oaptS for the toll-free number to reach customer service by phone while you're overseas. I have also sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/jenniferh_vzw back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 with your name if you would like me to assist.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport