How do I keep unlimited data?
lmp692
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have unlimited data with verizon. I am badly due for a new phone, but I do not want to spend the non-contract price for a device. Is there anyway verizon will allow me to buy a phone at the two year contract price without me losing my unlimited data? or is it time to switch to t-mobile or sprint

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: grandfather unlimited
budone
Legend

You have to pay full price to keep your unlimited data plan.

View solution in original post

budone
Legend

You have to pay full price to keep your unlimited data plan.

B33
Legend

I would encourage doing that only there Service is Good in your Area.. in the area that I live in for instance Verizon only provides Good coverage the other companies are not bad but if ones go on the outer limits of our regional area there services it bad..

0 Likes
Not applicable

So because Verizon is going to make you pay full price for a phone you are going to switch to T-Moible which also requires you to pay full price for a phone?

gallifreyan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Original poster might be eligible for a better monthly rate with another carrier. And OP might be eligible for a trade-in promo from some of the other carriers as well, depending on what phone is currently in use (up to $300 I hear). So OP might not be out the full retail price.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes he will be out the full price. One way or another regardless if you sign a contract. It's either upfront or over time.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh and yes they'll pay the ETF if he trades in his phone. He has to get EIP and pay for the phone at full retail over time. He will get some money for his phone, but it would be no different and probably get more if he sold his phone and bought a phone at full retail.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Unlimited on TMobile is up to 5GB at top speed then after that is 2G speeds. How much data do you use? Most people who have unlimited don't even know and 95% of those are less than 2GB.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I can say I am well past 5GB. In addition to the amount of posters on here going over their 2GB limit, I suspect a much larger percentage use more than 2 GB

Sent from my iPad

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Well, good luck with your new carrier.

0 Likes