Re: Switched to Moto X - data from 1GB to 8GB! What am I doing wrong?!
jpskoukla

inthedo 

I am having the same issue with my son's Moto X. He's gone through 1.5 GB in 4 days!!! Three other smartphones on the plan don't go through 1GB ALL MONTH!! Did you ever get any answers?? If I can't figure this out, the phone is going back tomorrow before the "7 day rule" is up!! Thanks!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are your using Facebook or something like that,  Certain Apps like it can use the Data mine did, you have be on top with these new style phones as they can do more from our smart phone just from a few years ago.. I use a App called System Panel it shows what apps are Running how much the CPU's are running the Temperatures of the CPU and battery... This is a very good app I've use it for a little over 4 years it's been on all of my Devices..

Another thing you can do On the bottom of the phone you'll see two little box one on top of the other press there, from that press you see the apps that are in use or are running with swipe to right or the Left will stop the app, when I get a bunch apps stacked up that is what I do swipe them away then I check in on System panel to see if there cleared.. 

0 Likes
Papbear

Definitely a Moto X issue.  It started after a software upgrade I believe.  I have tried all the suggestions.  Made it better but my family's data has doubled.  Turning wireless data off and the phone still uses 150 mb per day.  Verizon needs to figure this out and send notices to everyone for a fix.  I have had service since before they were Verizon.  Very dissatisfied now.  Just went over my data limit after upping the plan a few days ago.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O No that's not fun..

0 Likes
brengeo

I am an AT&T customer, and when I switched to the Moto x my data went from 2 to over 6 gigs of data.  So it must be this Google phone that is using so much data not the carrier? Yes I did the " WiFi only" and the cache thing it didn't help. I read somewhere that a lot of Moto x users have the same complaint.

0 Likes