Verizon Update Software not recognizing my LG G2
MendoBendo

I am wanting to install Kit Kat, but the update software never see's my phone on two different Windows 7 computers... Unplugged, replugged... I see the phone in windows, I get all the normal messages, but When I launch the update software app it doesn't see the phone.  Help!  What am I missing?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Update Software not recognizing my LG G2
garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1

Install the VZW LG USB Drivers Install media player 11 Set the usb connection mode to MTP. Just try,, Hope it works. of you can download the VZW Upgrade Assistant Tool direct from LG Here: http://www.mylgphones.com/verizon-wireless-software-upgrade-assistant-tool-lg-g2.html By the way, The Android kitkat 4.4.2 update is not available for ALL LG G2 on VZW throught the VZW upgrade Assistant Tool.

0 Likes
s7armonkey

I had the same problem, but I finally found the answer. Strange that this isn't mentioned anywhere.

OK, as you already know, you need to set your USB mode to "MTP" to open the Software Updater. Then when it openes, as you noted, it doesn't see your phone even though your computer does. Now change your USB mode to "Internet Connection" and choose "Modem" from the list. As soon as I did this the software saw my phone.

Now I'm assuming that, like me, you're hoping to get the Kit Kat update. Alas, I did not get it yet. SUA says my 4.2.2 is "Up to date". Not sure why, but if I figure it out I'll post an update.

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have the white LG G2, then you will not be able to update. Perhaps there is a work around that someone will find?

This has happened with the Kit Kat rollout of all the carriers. Not sure what is causing the problem.

0 Likes