How do you disable backup assistant?
GeoffH

Does anyone know how to disable backup assistant? It doesn't work very well for me and I don't want it messing up

my contacts on my phone anymore.  Thanks, Geoff

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you disable backup assistant?
freedomsearcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

uninstall the application, go to media center/get it now>go to browse and download/tools on the go>highlight backup assistant application>select options>and then delete

View solution in original post

freedomsearcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

uninstall the application, go to media center/get it now>go to browse and download/tools on the go>highlight backup assistant application>select options>and then delete

androidusercal

How do you turn of the backup assistant on Droid X that is causing issues regarding Contacts?

• On your phone, go to Settings (it’s the left button on the bottom of the phone)
  • Then click on ‘Settings;
  • Then click on ‘Accounts’
  • There you should see an account referring to an email account.
    • If you don’t see an account referring to an email account, I recommend that you go to a ‘Verizon’ store where they can assist you.
  • If there is an account referring to an email account, click on that account.
  • You should see links for ‘Sync Books’, ‘Sync Contacts’, ‘Sync Gmail (for example), and ‘Sync Calendar’
    • If you do not see an account you are looking for, I suggest that you go to a ‘Verizon’ store where they can assist you.

If you have found the account(s) you are looking for, make sure that the check box for that account is ‘greyed out’.  If not, the click on that account and ‘grey ou the check box’.

For those who are having issues with syncing there’re ‘Contacts’ between Gmail and their Droid X, this should solve that issue.  This has been successfully tested.

0 Likes
Jerry_in_Pittsburgh

Not sure this always works, but it seems to be a "backdoor" that works on my old POS LG phone:

1. Go to Apps and start Backup Assistant.

2. Select "Options"

3. Select "About"

4. Press *73738# (*RESET#). You won't see anything on the display, but after you type this, Backup Assistant will exit.

0 Likes