Re: Motorola Razr Maxx losing wifi connection
steven_oc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. My Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD randomly drops the Wi-Fi connection and reverts to 4G. I also have many other devices connected to my Wi-Fi, and none of them have problems. They are iPhone, iPad, iPod, Kindle Fire, Wii, Playstation, laptop computers, TiVo. My router is a main stream one, a Linksys EA4500.

0 Likes
PilotNut

I am having the same problem--Droid Razr Maxx HD...  the WiFi loses its connection after period of time; sometimes after an hour, or a couple hours...  sometimes multiple times a day, some times only a few times a week), and then will not re-connect (the wifi indicator stays grey).  The only way to fix it is to go to settings and turn off WiFi and then turn back on, and wait for it to reconnect.

I have had this problem all along with this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this issues is frustrating PIlotNut. Does your phone have the latest software? Have you tried safe mode to check if any apps could be conflicting with the wifi feature. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1oJIpet . Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
S810
Enthusiast - Level 2

So not sure if it worked for you or not but I just received the latest software update for my razr maxx from motorola and the wifi problem is magically fixed.  Imagine that!  I don't suppose Verizon OR Motorola will provide any compensation for the months of frustrating hassle we had to endure.  I get little satisfaction telling them, "I told you so!!!"  Hope it worked for you!  Cheers!

0 Likes
S810
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted on this thread multiple times and have wasted countless time on the phone with both Verizon and Motorola regarding this issue.  After factory restarts and multiple other attempts to correct this issue I found out it was due to the latest software update Motorola loaded at the time.  I posted that many times, let Verizon know, called Motorola to ask them to put out a new update but nothing was done by either party.  For months myself and I see many others have put up with this issue. 

Now, Motorola finally put out a software update which 'magically' corrected the issue for me at least.  My question is will Verizon or Motorola compensate me (us) in some way for the lack of wifi service we paid for month after month?  Will there be some compensation for me telling both Verizon and Motorola that a software update was needed to correct the problem yet it took months for them to quietly do it without answering to those of us that have endured the lack of consistent wifi for the last four months??? 

What say you Verizon?

jj00148

My problem with wifi is a little bit different. Before the latest software release, mine was working as it was supposed to. Now, not so much. Here is what happens:

1. At home connected to my network using wife - no problem

2. Go to work and attempt to connect to work wife - still showing connected to my home network - will not connect to work network. The phone sees the work network, I click on it, then click connect. Status changes to connecting for 1 or 2 seconds then goes to saved. power off the phone, power on the phone, it connects to work network.

3. Leave work, go to Starbuck's or anywhere else with wifi. Same as #2.

4. Come back home - Same as #2

5. Phone will not connect to 4g or even 3 g when no wifi is available. Phone is still showing connected to the last wifi connection even though I'm far away from that connection. Resolution is #2 again.

Again this only started when upgrade was installed.

0 Likes
Avocet

S810, it is quite the opposite for me. The Verizon software download that I received in the last week succeeded in producing the wifi connection problem on my phone!  What?  I've read through all the messages in this thread and I have that situation now.  Before reading the thread I went to my local Verizon store and they did the hard reset. But, as with others, still no wifi at home, where I use it most. I pulled up my router's data and found the phone listed and both MAC and IP addresses matched..  Worse, in this week, I have been running up my data use on the Verizon network and may soon be over the limit that wifi has kept me under.

But there it is...the greyed-out wifi symbol on my phone meaning no wifi service. Now what?

0 Likes
Avocet

Is it possible to find out why the Verizon software download that I received in the last week had the opposite effect on my phone as it had on S810's Motorola Razr Maxx HD? 

Before you start asking me a whole of questions, please read this: I have read through this entire thread of messages.  I have the problem that has been described previously and thoroughly by others. No trouble-shooting method suggested got the problem fixed until S810 got the miracle Verizon software download. So that phone got a fix about the same time as a software download created the problem on my phone!   Was there something different in my download?  If so, can I get the other download please?

Notes: Before checking this support thread, I went to the local Verizon store and they did a hard reboot but the problem was not fixed.  I looked up my wifi router's data and found it lists my phone correctly (MAC, IP addresses), showing a good connection.  As with everyone else in the thread, the router is working fine for all other wifi devices.

Please find out if there is another software download that I need.

0 Likes
Avocet

I just visited the Motorola user forum where users are reporting the same problem that I got from the upgrade to Motorola 4.4.2.  One user discovered that turning off bluetooth allows wifi to work. So I tried it and wifi worked!  So there seems to be a 4.4.2 conflict between bluetooth and wifi.

Of course, I have set up my home phone to pick up my cell calls via bluetooth (I can leave the cell phone in one place and answer landline extensions) but now I must lose that feature in order to get wifi!  So another Motorola software fix is needed!

0 Likes
S810
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ugh! I know how how you feel. Four months of the same frustration for

myself and others. I was told to buy another router, re-name my wireless,

do a factory reset and many more. One suggestion I got from our IT Dept.

at work might work for you. It did not for me but your problem just

started. Not sure if you have password enabled wifi or not but you can try

switching it to accepting only what MAC addresses you enter in your wifi.

Here is a link to start you if you are unfamiliar. Wishing you the best

and I feel your pain. Let me know if you get Verizon to compensate you.

So far they have not responded to my two attempts.

http://wintelguy.com/2010/20101024_mac_filter.html

0 Likes