Is there a way to terminate service through the website, rather than having to go to the VW store or calling customer service?
nbarker
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past few months, I've been considering terminating service for various reasons:

1. I hate my phone, but had to get it because I didn't get protection for my previous phone (which I loved, but was stolen) and had to pay out of pocket for this piece of garbage.
  2. As a college student struggling to make ends meet, I simply can't afford the luxury of a phone. At least not one on a plan.

That aside, I'm trying to figure out how to terminate my service through the website, partially because I'm lazy and don't want to go to the VW store, and partly because I want to get an idea of how much my early termination fee will be, and what my options are as far as paying it off go (considering the hefty fee).

So, to bring things to a close - is there a way to terminate service through the VW website, or do I have to go to the store?

Labels (1)
Re: Is there a way to terminate service through the website, rather than having to go to the VW store or calling customer service?
nbarker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any chance for a reply soon Verizon Wireless Customer Support? Not intending to be impatient; I know I only posted this ten minutes ago. I just have to go to bed pretty soon, 'cause I have to get up for work in about six hours. If not, I'll just check back in the morning! c:

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to terminate service through the website, rather than having to go to the VW store or calling customer service?
Tidbits
Legend

No everything must be done face to face when canceling. You can also cancel by porting the number to another carrier.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or by voice to voice. The OP can cancel by calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 or *611 from their phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nbarker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Tidbits and Ann154. It's unfortunate that I can't cancel on the website. I suppose I'll have to go in-store because I'd really rather not have to deal with calling customer service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nbarker,

I understand how important it is to have a phone you like and an affordable plan. I don't want to see you go though, you have options. Please take a look at our single line plans to find the best one for your budget http://vz.to/1nE7Uec and our new Edge program to upgrade faster http://vz.to/19mc84j . If you'd still like to call, please call 800-922-0204 to discuss important information with you.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes