Re: Android 4.4 for the LG G2?
Tidbits
Legend

I have BOTH colors of the LG G2 on T-Mobile...  I am also a developer...  It's not a bug...   You have NO IDEA what is happening and it's been explained by myself and other in that particular forum.

LG hasn't released the update for the white version because LG didn't release those IMEI numbers within their database.  So any white version tries to connect it says up to date.  As far as T-Mobile OTA it works the same way, and the IMEI's are provided by the manufacturer.

To say it was released to everyone is fallacy because it hasn't been.  There are other countries besides the US that doesn't have the update yet, but of course everyone else to most people is anyone not in the USA.

0 Likes
atspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, since you are a developer you should understand how broad the term "bug" is.I am also in the electronics field and i'll say the word bug is used even if its a manufacturer screw up. I may be a developer also but im not here to claim any authority. To clarify myself with An example is me forgetting the correct IP address for a remote clients radio hindering it useless for connecting to anything I wanted it to. the first thing they scream is it's a "bug" and fix it. The fact that lg didn't include the imei to me and others is a bug or issue. Terminology is used differently around the world so don't assume your understanding of a term is the only correct one. The imei Is a simple number that a carriers radio is looking for but is not there. I get that ok. It can be fixed just like an app you may develop but leave out certain codes. I guarantee people would scream bug left and right. You have no more idea what's happening either with the vs980 really and I never claimed to know anymore than you. I simply said I have done my reading. I do know that other carriers have spoken across the world. Other countries do not matter to me either as I look at model numbers. The fact that this topic was about human interaction and real customer support which OTHER carriers are doing is irrelevant to anything you are ranting about now. To say I have no idea what I'm talking about shows where your headed with this and i'm not being part of that I know more than you bs. The fact that we are tired of the same computer generated response is the main point and that's where it needs to stay.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Using the wrong term is using the wrong term...  A bug isn't someone simply forgetting to add something...  LG hasn't corrected it, and that alone disproves that everyone else has the update which show not all T-Mobile users have the update, and there are other countries aside from Korea, Most of Europe, and North America...  Last time I was in school there was a lot more places than what I listed...

0 Likes
garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1

Agree with you.

As far as i know, Verizon is still testing the kitkat firmware on LG G2.  LG has send it to Verizon,But Verizon need time to test it and add carrier's bloatware on it. Some SVC center already download the kitkat for Verizon G2,  But there are some issues with it, that is why Verizon Wireless has not release it yet.

By the way, Verizon will release several LG Phones with Kitkat, Verzion has test the software on VS415PP, VS450pp and VS876 for a very long time, togethe with LG service center, I guess.

LGVS415PP — LG Optimus Zone 2

LGVS450PP — LG Optimus Exceed 2

LGVS876 — LG Lucid 3

LGVS880 — LG G Pro 2 Lite

LGVS985 — LG G3

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

garyVestal wrote:

Agree with you.

As far as i know, Verizon is still testing the kitkat firmware on LG G2.  LG has send it to Verizon,But Verizon need time to test it and add carrier's bloatware on it. Some SVC center already download the kitkat for Verizon G2,  But there are some issues with it, that is why Verizon Wireless has not release it yet.

By the way, Verizon will release several LG Phones with Kitkat, Verzion has test the software on VS415PP, VS450pp and VS876 for a very long time, togethe with LG service center, I guess.

LGVS415PP — LG Optimus Zone 2

LGVS450PP — LG Optimus Exceed 2

LGVS876 — LG Lucid 3

LGVS880 — LG G Pro 2 Lite

LGVS985 — LG G3

Carrier bloat is already in there...  Manufacturers get it in advanced before the process even starts...

HTC

Google

Sony

Motorola

LG

all have said this for the past 2 years...  Bloat isn't the delay...  The largest delay is governmental, and licensing approval process and when it was submitted.  Carrier approval is ACTUALLY the shortest out of all processes as attested by the above company.  Too bad people don't bother reading and just regurgitation

0 Likes
MakRay

Um....just to throw it out there guys....Kit Kat has been available for the G2 for a while now, VZW just hasn't released it as an OTA update...You can install it on your phone right now using the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant...It'll update to 4.4.2 to be exact

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be prepared for issues with this upgrade.  Uses battery at an alarming rate....40% battery discharge in a 24 hr period.  Not acceptable.  The solution seems to be (per Verizon) a factory reset.   Great....then you have to redo your phone, loose your pictures, etc.  Yes, yes, yes, I know about backup, cloud, etc.  Still a pain in the butt.   AND the first, yes I said first, factory reset doesn't seem to be working.   So far I've been trying to fix this "little" problem for 3 hours now.  I'm not going to be very pleased is this continues.   I saw one post that it tool 3 factory resets to fix.  NOT ACCEPTABLE!

0 Likes