3 people don't receive my texts
FrustratedTexter
Enthusiast - Level 2

3 people don't receive my texts.  They have Android phones.  I can receive their texts.  They are either on T-mobile or ATT.  I have deleted their contact and reentered it using only their 10 digit number.  I have sent them a text by manually inputing their number instead of using their contact.  I have restored my phone on iTunes to factory spec and restored from backup.  Their numbers are not blocked or blacklisted.  I have done everything that tech support told me to do over several hours on the phone with them.  The Android users have deleted my contact to see if it was possibly blocked, text doesn't arrive.  The Android users are able to get texts from the same model iPhone that we have that is on ATT.  I tried turning off iMessage.  Don't know what else to do.Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3 people don't receive my texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrustratedTexter, I understand your frustration. Let's get yours to work. The contacts that are not receiving the text messages are they entered in your contact list as a 10-digit number? What device did you have prior to the iPhone?  Did you have any issues with the previous device?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FrustratedTexter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, 10 digits.  I went from a 4s which always worked to a 5s which worked for a while, then the texting problem started.  Then to a 5c with continued problems.

0 Likes
Daeok
Enthusiast - Level 2

Settings > messages >turn on send as sms = fixed

0 Likes
FrustratedTexter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doesn't work

0 Likes
FrustratedTexter
Enthusiast - Level 2

But I appreciate your help.  I tried every possible thing with phone tech support for several hours over several days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there FrustratedTexer,

I'm sorry to hear that you are continuing to have issues. Let's take a closer look. Can you receive messages from these contacts okay? Do you receive an error message when you try to text them? Have you had them reach out to their carrier to see if the issue is on their end? Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FrustratedTexter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can receive text message from them.  There is no error message when I send them a text.  I have isolated the problem to the iPhone software, because a wiped iPhone reset to default settings on iTunes and without any software reloaded can send text messages to them.  When restored with contacts etc, the problem comes back.  So now I know that the problem is in the software.  I am going to take it to Apple

KFgirlygirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Have the iPhone 4S and have the same problem ! I am very frustrated and not confident that Verizon is helpful in solving this problem.

0 Likes
KFgirlygirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto with regard to fixing this text problem !!

0 Likes