My phone is constantly freezing up whether on the web or texting and I have to remove the battery to reboot. Thoughts?
altaylor10

My phone is constantly freezing when I'm on the web or an app. Any thoughts on why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone is constantly freezing up whether on the web or texting and I have to remove the battery to reboot. Thoughts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

altaylor10

Thank you for checking those storage details for us! Since this issue is continuing after multiple battery pulls, I do recommend backing up your info and performing a Wipe Handheld. Here's the steps to follow to do just that: http://vz.to/1kTIcNJ

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My phone is constantly freezing up whether on the web or texting and I have to remove the battery to reboot. Thoughts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

altaylor10, let's defrost that device! Have you downloaded any 3rd party applications from the Google Play market? If so, some application software can affect the performance of your device. Which make/model phone do you currently have?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
altaylor10

Havent downloaded anything. I can't even use the facebook app as it completely freezes it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Altaylor10,

That's not good! When did the freezing start? Do you receive an error message when the device freezes? How much free internal memory is available on the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
altaylor10

It has been doing this for many months now. It doesn’t give any error message I am forced to remove the battery to regain use. I don’t know how to find free internal memory?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely provide you steps to check your memory, altaylor10. I realize you are using a Blackberry Bold, which model specifically are you using? You can find storage by going to Options> Device> Storage.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
altaylor10

It is a Blackberry Bold 9930. The storage says as follows:

Application storage: 2.0 MB

Built in Media Storage 5.3 GB

Media Card Storage 2.1 GB

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

altaylor10

Thank you for checking those storage details for us! Since this issue is continuing after multiple battery pulls, I do recommend backing up your info and performing a Wipe Handheld. Here's the steps to follow to do just that: http://vz.to/1kTIcNJ

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes