No 3g connection????
nokoni

I just got the Droid RAZR M and am having problems with it connecting to the 3g network.  There's no RAZR M forum so I thought I'd post here and hopefully I can find a solution to my problem. 

The 4LTE is working pretty well, however, when I'm not in 4LTE coverage, the phone is supposed to revert to the 3g network.   The problem is that the phone is not connecting to the 3g network.  I see the '3g' symbol in the notifications bar, but it's greyed out.  And when launching Chrome I get the 'not connected to the internet' page.  I've also experienced quite a few times the notification bar not saying anything, no 4LTE, 3G, 1X, nothing, and of course there's no internet connection. 

Now, I know there should be coverage because I'm still visiting the same places that I did with my original droid and I was never without 3g or at least 1x coverage.  It's just that the new phone for some reason isn't connecting to those networks or not seeing them.  I'm in the Denver metro area.

Does anyone know what might be going on with my phone?  I'm hoping I don't have to tell my buddy he's right when he told me to hold off from buying the latest and greatest until all the kinks are worked out!

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No 3g connection????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nokoni,

I can imagine the inconvenience being caused by the phone not picking up the appropriate signal. I have extensively reviewed the problems you've described and found that this trouble has been escalated and is under further review. At this time we have found that a master reset doesn't fix the trouble. The work around provided is to turn Airplane Mode on and off for the correct data service to pick up. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
damnyou

Hello I'm having the same issue as this guy, but the work around didn't fix either. I have done the master reset a lot, I removed the sim card and reset, gone thru all my settings. Yet I'm still all grey, it still allows me to send texts and calls and receive them. But no internet connection and apps that require internet. plz help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here damyou. I know how important it is to ensure your device is picking up the correct signal. To help clarify, the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is a 4G device. If you are in a 4G location the device will automatically pick up 4G signal and not show 3G. In the event you are in a 3G area, the device will default to 3G service. What zip code are you in? Does this happen when you are indoors or outdoors?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes