iPhone 5s can't receive non verizon text
Cestes03

I got my iphone 5s today but I can't receive text from non verizon users. I can send text to every on but not receive. I have turned off and I have reset phone 5 times. What can I do to receive text. My son is sick and needs to be able to text me.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s can't receive non verizon text
DocTomo

I would get with support on this, I had some trouble activating my new iPhone 5S and they were able to walk me through a series of steps that basically reset the network connection for the phone. I believe it was Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings. This may help you, but to be sure I'd call them and ask.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cestes03,

Good thing this VZW sleuth is on the job and ready to crack this case. Now, there could be quite a few different reasons as to why this is happening so I've got to ask a few questions. First, did you have another iPhone before your current 5s? Are these other non-VZW users on iPhones or a variety of different devices? And just to be sure, what's your zip code?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tlfouch

My GF has a Moto G, pre-paid plan.  I have an iPhone 5s.  She can receive my texts, but I can't get hers.  Last week they came through fine then earlier in the week they showed up extremely late.  Now I'm not getting her's at all.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tlfouch- Let's get all of your messages to work properly. Check your message settings and see if imessage is enabled. If so, disable it then power your device off and back on and have her retest. Also, you can find other troubleshooting tips for both devices with our troubleshooting assistant link: http://vz.to/12TLCsR

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
tlfouch

I did that prior to posting...did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tlfouch,
Let's look further into this! Are either of you having this problem with any other contacts? Try deleting the text thread on both phones, power cycle and test. Please share more details. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tlfouch

We are not having the issues with any other contacts. We'd prefer not to delete the texts threads for sentimental reasons. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand tlfouch! Unfortunately the best option would be to completely remove the text threads. The next step after this would be to complete a full reset which would also delete this information. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes