Samsung Galaxy S4 Shutting Down/Restarting Automatically
Feliciano33

I purchased my S4 a couple days before its release date, and on the 2nd day, the S4 started to shut off on its own at random. Currently, the situation has progressed to the point of frustration and I'm finally going to take some time off my schedule and visit a Verizon store to see what can be done. Why have I waited so long to do something about this you might ask? Well, the S4 usually reboots on its own and the boot up process is pretty quick. However, sometimes I have to turn it back on myself. Anyway, 4 years ago I had the LG ENV 2 - I had the same issues constantly, and I had no data plan on that phone. It was used as a basic phone. So no apps. Then, 2 years ago I had the LG Revolution - same issues with that device. Now, I have a Samsung and it's the same ISSUE!!!  This MUST be a Verizon FEATURE on their phones! Well, at least for me! I'm being sarcastic, of course. So, that is the main reason why I haven't taken the S4 in for diagnosis/repair. There are never true fixes? I just find it hard to believe that my last 3 phones with Verizon were defective and with the same issues. How coincidental.

Any suggestions/recommendations of what else I can do to fix this besides uninstalling/reinstalling apps? Is any one else experiencing the same problem?

Thank you, All!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Shutting Down/Restarting Automatically
jlw1745
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am actually experiencing the same thing.  I just noticed it after the last OTA update.  I would love to know if there is a fix for it.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have reboot issues after the update on a S4. Did you install the same applications on the S4 as what you had on the LG Revolution?

Have you tried Safe Mode?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Marvin0

I am having the same issue since the upgrade, except not as frequently as you are. I pre-ordered my phone, so I have had it since the first day it began shipping. I did not have the issue until the upgrade. Any help or a fix would be great here Verizon!

0 Likes
stuck1

Me too have the same issue since the software upgrade to MJ7.

Any help?

0 Likes
nhirdt

Same thing for me too.  I updated to 4.3 on Nov1 2013 and ever since then, the phone randomly shuts itself off and restarts.  This phone was operating PERFECTLY until that day.   There is no pattern to the random shut off/restart.  It sometimes happens when I plug in my PIN, when the clock alarm goes off, when I go to use any of the apps.  Device memory is at 2.46 with 7.3 GB free.  Verizon Wireless Support....any ideas?  I have already tried a factory data reset on 12-19-13 and it did not help.  Also, the battery appears perfectly squared with no lumps or protrusions as others have mentioned this as a problem.  Please help, I'm very, very frustrated.

0 Likes
JoeWestLA

Did anyone get a solution to this? Did the phone need to be replaced or was anything done to fix it? It's been happening to me for the past few days now. Thanks!

0 Likes