Re: Text messages not working between galaxy s4 and IPhone 4
RacingJehu

Here is what I figured out and it works right away.

1. Unregister your iPhone from your Apple account as suggested in other posts. So I will not repost those steps.
  2. Have the person that is sending you text messages do the following on their iPhone.
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Messages
    3. Disable iMessage
    4. Reboot iPhone
    5. Enable iMessage
  3. Once iMessage reconnects to the system you should be able to send text messages to the android phone.

I have had great success with this and I hope it works for you as well.

0 Likes
lisatboe

Add me to the long list of people moving from iphone to Galaxy S4 and having text message issues.  I've done the below "fixes" so far:

1. Removed my phone from my itunes/apple account

2. Reset my password on my apple account

3. Pulled my SIM card and battery for a minute

4. Asked one of my friends I can't receive texts from to reboot their phone

5. Turned off imessage on my iphone that is no longer active

It definitely seems random that some iphone users have imessage on (i've heard that was default with ios7).  I only have this issue with a handful of friends, that I know of!  They receive my messages fine, but I don't get theirs.  It's not realistic for me to go through my approximately 60 or so friends/parents that I actively text with and ask them each to go into their phone settings and make sure SMS is selected.  I'm sure many never power down their iphone (thanks Steve Jobs) so if that is a potential fix it may take awhile.  Hoping there is another resolution soon.  This is a BIG part of the reason my husband pushed me to bail on Apple.  Yes, their products work great as long as you stay in their little apple world and only use their toys, but step outside and you are banished!  Any updated help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Not applicable

IMessage can only be used between Apple devices.   If you have non-Apple devices in your contact list, turn off iMessage in settings...

More directions on trouble shooting message

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5185

0 Likes
JackP3

None of the above solutions have worked for me, as far as telling people I know to disable a function of their phone to contact me is utterly ridiculous. I am so ready to go back to a different carrier, a new number and a phone that does not require a data plan....I see a flip phone in my future and a much cheaper plan at that

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you trying all of the earlier suggestions, JackP3. We don't want to inconvenience you or your friends, and certainly don't want to see you leave. Just to confirm, have you tried sending a text message to the number 48369 with the word "stop" as your text? This should de-enroll your mobile number from Apple's servers so that customers with iPhones will no longer default to iMessage. It usually takes up to a day for Apple to remove your number from the servers though. You can also visit supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do and log in with your APPle ID from your previous Apple device and de-register your iPhone.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
ajd1978

popular thread...

I'm another user who just started not being able to send text messages to a iphone user.  This started at the end of last week with my S3, and I just went to an S4.  the iphone user can receive from all other parties and I can send to other iphone users on the same network (AT&T).  We have no idea why she can't receive my texts, but I get her's just fine.  We have tried turning off imessage and both deleting contacts. 

It's about time to cut bait with these data plans and phones that no longer simply work as phones for basic tasks. 

0 Likes
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

Turn off Imessage. Also un register your iphone. You may have to wait 30 days till Apple recognizes that you're no longer an Iphone user. Ask them to turn off their imessage in the mean time. See if that works.

0 Likes