Can I control/set the number of rings on my cell phone
mslisa
0 Likes
Re: Can I control/set the number of rings on my cell phone
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

You can't do it on your end.You'll have to call customer care.Ask to extend the amount or shorten the rings before the caller goes to voice mail.

0 Likes
gemro311

they just did it for my two Eris's. Hard to answer in 5 rings when the lock is on :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
fintumfin
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can set the number of rings:  either Normal or Long.  Normal gives 2 rings and then to Voicemail.  Long lets it ring and ring at least 7 times before it goes to "Missed Call" message, but no voicemail!   Here's how:  from Menu>Settings and Tools>#9. Call settings> #8.  DTMF Tones. On that menu the choice is NORMAL, or LONG. Choose Long if you don't want Voicemail to pick up. But you will not get Voicemail at all.  Which is what I wanted.

DTMF=Dual Tones Multi-Frequency.  My roommate helped me on this.

Kikker

I have had Verizon service for 5 months now and I'm using a Samsung Note 2. I am in a US Cellular service area. My phone has never received more than 3 rings before it goes to my voice mail. Most of the time I only hear one ring before it goes to my voice mail. Verizon technical service tell me that there's not anything they can do since I am in another cell phone company's service (roaming) area using US Cellular towers and equipment. According to Verizon the issue is with US Cellular tower equipment. There were 3 months worth of trouble ticket for the same issue before I bought into Verizon service but yet nobody told me that I may experience issues with the number of rings before going to my voice mail.  It sounds to me like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I will be terminating my Verizon service at the end of my 2 year contract commitment.

0 Likes